Attire & Accessories Forum

Really need help deciding between these two bridesmaids dresses!

So- this is becoming a difficult decision between the two dress options, and my bridesmaids opinions are so scattered all over the board -it doesnt help me at all! lol.  Here is a picture of my dress and some wedding decor, along with the two bridesmaids dresses - which do you think looks best and makes the most sense?  Thanks!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Really need help deciding between these two bridesmaids dresses!

• Ditto on the burgundy. 
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • The burgundy one, for sure!!
  • Ditto- the burgundy

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Ahh! Everyone agrees with me! But all the bridesmaids like the other one and dont like the red at all :
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_attire-accessories_really-need-help-deciding-between-these-two-bridesmaids-dresses?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:15Discussion:06b005bf-6e63-4d8f-a673-65fac0a45304Post:b7ae4c2c-7120-4bb8-893b-ec775d7bb202">Re:Really need help deciding between these two bridesmaids dresses!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Ahh! Everyone agrees with me! But all the bridesmaids like the other one and dont like the red at all :
    Posted by stina&brad[/QUOTE]

<div>Is it possible they prefer the black dress because it is more likely they would wear that dress again as opposed to a red dress?  </div>
  • I have to say that I agree with your bridesmaids. The red seems to look cut up with the black overlay alone at the top. Why not do black and put the red in the flowers with the gold?
  • I LOVE the burgandy. Tell the bridesmaids tough nuggets ;) they can have black at their wedding.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_attire-accessories_really-need-help-deciding-between-these-two-bridesmaids-dresses?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:15Discussion:06b005bf-6e63-4d8f-a673-65fac0a45304Post:cff48b58-29a6-4bf7-ac36-3259dd57db2c">Re: Really need help deciding between these two bridesmaids dresses!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I<strong> LOVE the burgandy. Tell the bridesmaids tough nuggets ;) they can have black at their wedding.
    Posted by cfree</strong>squared[/QUOTE]

<div>You do realize she is friends with these women and she should care what they say? </div>
  • In Response to Re:Really need help deciding between these two bridesmaids dresses!:[QUOTE]In Response to Re:Really need help deciding between these two bridesmaids dresses!:Ahh! Everyone agrees with me! But all the bridesmaids like the other one and dont like the red at all :Posted by stinaamp;bradIs it possible they prefer the black dress because it is more likely they would wear that dress again as opposed to a red dress? nbsp; Posted by mobkaz[/QUOTE]

I think that is a big part of it for some of them at least...
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I think that the burgundy dress would be perfect!!
  • I think black looks better but you cant go wrong with either. If all your bridesmaids want black then I would just let them wear that.

522805_10151186959893168_80368830_n_zps80e4c057
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I don't like the burgundy one. I think the black one matches your dress and the decor better. And I think they could actually wear the black one again- the burgundy looks too much like a bm dress.

Anniversary

• I like the burgandy. It adds some glamour
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • My wedding is Jan. 4, 2014 and I am going bridesmaid dress shopping in 2 weeks. I think if you are okay with looking now and they are too, then have fun :) Also, I like the burgundy better! I understand the black MAY be re-werable, but when your bridesmaids agreed to be in your wedding they knew there would be an expense. I've love to pay for everything for my bridesmaids as I am sure you would too, but for most people it is not realistic. It is your wedding day -- pick the dress you like better!!  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards