Wisconsin

Reviews

I always loved reading other brides' reviews so heres mine from our Nov. 6th wedding.

Reception-Wyndham Airport- A
The food was absolutly wonderful, everyone was raving about it. We had Diana as our coordinator and she was very helpful and make a lot of accomodations for us. Very friendly people but I know right before our wedding they got bought out so I don't know what that is going to do to that hotel.

Officiant- Bishop Craig- A+
He was awesome! I have never felt so comfortable in my life, he kept cracking jokes during rehearsal and made everyone feel at ease. Our ceremony was perfect!

Flowers- Bloom Floral- A
Laurel was great to work with. My bouquet of orange calli lillies was absolutely beautiful. The centerpieces were gorgeous as well. She works with your budget no matter what it is.

Cakes by Stephanie - B
The only reason I give her a B is because of her lack of communication. Our cupcakes and chocolate fountain were delicious. We did white almond cupcakes with chocolate frosting and everyone was raving about them. She is worth it, you just have to be patient with her.

Photographer- Kayla Richards- A+
She is out of Beaver Dam but travels and is very reasonably priced. She said we should be getting our pictures this weekend and we print them all ourselves which we liked. I can't wait to see what they look like, she was so awesome!

DJ- Midwest Sound - D-
So I've read mixed reviews about this company but my friend used them for her wedding and they were fine, but not for ours! A month before our wedding we received in the mail a refund check for someone else's wedding! They had our address and her name written on it, so I contacted them immediately and expressed my concern and they reassured me that everything would be fine. So I sent them back the check and they were supposed to send it to this woman. Well about 3 days later WE recevied the check again! I was so mad that I wrote them such a bad email I'm surprised they didn't drop me. It was too close to our wedding to find another one so I just went with them. Well everything was fine until our first dance. They not only played the wrong song and we told them that when it started but they proceeded to argue with us in front of our guests! I stormed out balling. That was the only song that they had to get right and they ruined it. I called on Monday and demanded a refund or I would stop payment on my check, needless to say we got half of our money back. I would never use these people again.

Dress-David's Bridal- A
My dress turned out beautifully!

I think that sums it up, let me know if I forgot anything. Good luck to all you upcoming brides. Just enjoy your day and breath because it goes by way too fast!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Reviews

• elexanicaelexanica member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I am so sorry to hear that. They did the same thing at another wedding I was at. :( I never have heard anything good about them!

They should refund all of your money!

• edited December 2011
    That is AWFUL about your DJ. Keep putting them out there in reviews so others know.  I would have done the exact same thing!
  • cc7003cc7003 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Do you know the name of your DJ?
    image 125 made the cut! RSVP date--August 22
    image 108 are ready for photobooth fun! image 19 are camera-shy!
    image 0 Can't find the post office!
    Vacation
  • edited December 2011
    Our dj was JJ.
  • cc7003cc7003 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    thanks for the review and the dj info. I'm glad everything else seemed to work out well for you!
    congrats!
    image 125 made the cut! RSVP date--August 22
    image 108 are ready for photobooth fun! image 19 are camera-shy!
    image 0 Can't find the post office!
    Vacation
  • edited December 2011
    So happy for you and your day.  Glad most of it went well. Hopefully it was just your DJ that messed it up.  I have been to weddings and heard good things about Midwest.  Sorry for your experience.

What about the honeymoon?  Did you use an agent and how was that. Those reviews are also helpful.  Especially for those of us who want to plan a one year anniversary trip. 

Congratulations.
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011

We did go to Riviera Maya Mexico for 5 days and it was beautiful this time of year. There were hardly any people because it's considered "hurricane season" still. So not only was it cheaper but not crowded at all. We did use AppleVacations because I didn't want the headache of planning it ourselves. We did know where we wanted to go and which resort. The only bad thing is this time of year you can't get a direct flight from milwaukee only Chicago. But otherwise everything else was perfect.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards