Military Brides
Options

Another hump day down....

And I feel like I haven't accomplished anything. -.-

What's everyone else up to today? Working, lazing around the house (because it's TOO damn HOT to go outside!), or planning (wedding or weekend)?

Save me from my boredom! D:

Re: Another hump day down....

• Options
    I'm hanging out, watching Wimbledon, cleaning the bathrooms. Usually H does most of the cleaning but since I'm jobless, I feel guilty. Haha I forgot how much it sucks! Dishes are never freaking ending! I'm attempting my first "extreme" couponing today--though only for one thing, but I need sunscreen and apparently can get two for $1.29 at Walgreens so we'll see how that goes later! 

My interview (well, chat, it was very casual) went very well yesterday! The main goal of research institute is to develop an HIV vaccine, which is so cool. I'd be working on tangential research but it sounds like a great opportunity! Hoping I hear something soon!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_another-hump-day-down?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:13Discussion:8abc86b6-1509-4e3d-ad8d-635c39c5e978Post:6f7fb5c9-78ba-47f5-bb46-b467eca093ca">Another hump day down....</a>:
    [QUOTE]And I feel like I haven't accomplished anything. -.- What's everyone else up to today? Working, lazing around the house (because it's TOO damn HOT to go outside!), or planning (wedding or weekend)? Save me from my boredom! D:
    Posted by Zeldakins[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>Hey Zelda :) </div><div>
    </div><div>I'm just having a quiet day at home. The temp here is still really nice, so I may go ride my horse sooner rather than later... it's supposed to be getting even hotter over the next few days. I also have an exam to study for. 
    </div><div>
    </div><div>There is a possibility of seeing H this weekend, so I can't make any plans until I know better about that :/ but I'm thinking there should def be some pool time- it's supposed to be almost 100 here this weekend. I'm also hoping our DVD shows up that our photog mailed us of all our unedited wedding pics so I can go thru and tell him which ones I def want. I'm super excited about this DVD whenever it comes because they took over 3k photos!</div>
    wedding1 Anniversary
  • Options
    AmandaSC1988AmandaSC1988 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited July 2012
    Ugh! Today has been interesting. I wanted to get to work early to get some stuff done before all the loud people showed up in the office. I was welcomed with half power, enough to get my laptop going and at least work on some things that were haunting me last night. 30 minutes go by and still no power, people start showing up.... then they tell us we have to go outside because the they need to power up the transformer and it may catch the building on fire. (ahhh..crap) I sit outside for a while, then they tell us it may be until 2-3 until they get power up and running. At this point I am fed up and I just go home... get halfway home realize that I had turned off the internet in my apartment...Now I am sitting in a coffee house trying to work.

It reminds me of good old times, because it is THE coffee house we used to go to when we were in college is really starting to bumming me out. I may have to relocate for my own saniity....but I just love their coffee....Undecided
    Photobucket
  • Options
    Just working and enjoying the 0 humidity here which is totally out of the norm for June.  I hear hot temps are on the way so it looks as though there will be a pool day or two for the weekend.  I am getting a little annoyed since they are testing the fire alarms at the new building and I can hear them going off from my office.  So that is a super "fun" sound to hear all day. 
  • Options
    Hi everybody!

I'm with Zelda, it's too damn hot to want to do anything  here. We decided to turn up the a/c after that last bill and even with it set at 78 it's still running most of the day. If we can't get this under control we may have to move when our lease is up because that kind of power bill for 4 months of the year is just not acceptable. 

I'm trying to collect the last of the addresses, which is just kind of repetitive. We finally got out STDs, so, even though it's late, I'm sending them out this week. I still have to pick out an invitations PDF, I may ask you guys for opinions later. I kind of feel like everything for the wedding is really closing in, and even though I know I have a lot already done, it feels like there's so much left. 
  • Options
    I went to Walmart today and made it out alive/without punching someone in the face.  I feel that was quite an accomplishment...kind of like I no longer have to do anything else today.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_another-hump-day-down?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:13Discussion:8abc86b6-1509-4e3d-ad8d-635c39c5e978Post:066687a2-e571-4c8b-ac02-b22708afed6e">Re: Another hump day down....</a>:
    [QUOTE]I went to Walmart today and made it out alive/without punching someone in the face.  I feel that was quite an accomplishment...kind of like I no longer have to do anything else today.
    Posted by Sammy0709[/QUOTE]

I say that is a big accomplishment. I feel that way every time I go to Wal-mart in the summer. For some reason when people are on vacation they feel the need to buy all kinds of crap.  Like a beach chair.  I want to say "You mean to tell me you drove a RV and you didn't have space for a beach chair or cooler." Of course the sweat shirts in July in SC.  Not needed. HAA
  • Options

Sammy, I agree with Crown, that is a big accomplishment.  I hate Wal-Mart. 

Well, I have the day off today.  I cleaned my house and that's basically it.  It's rainy here and about 50 degrees.  So I really don't feel like doing anything.

I made FI a card for when he gets home and I painted him a picture with oldschool crayola water paints. I don't want to brag or anything, but It's pretty awesome.  ha

• Options
    Irish - glad the interview went well!!  Sounds like it would be an awesome opportunity!  I feel like a career like that would be very interesting and rewarding as well.

Still sending luck your way, let us know when you hear something. 
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_another-hump-day-down?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:13Discussion:8abc86b6-1509-4e3d-ad8d-635c39c5e978Post:fa889d27-0de5-4b8b-b806-11b1ceb1b037">Re: Another hump day down....</a>:
    [QUOTE]Sammy, I agree with Crown, that is a big accomplishment.  I hate Wal-Mart.  Well, I have the day off today.  I cleaned my house and that's basically it.  It's <strong>rainy here and about 50 degrees</strong>.  So I really don't feel like doing anything. I made FI a card for when he gets home and I painted him a picture with oldschool crayola water paints. I don't want to brag or anything, but It's pretty awesome.  ha
    Posted by kelty24[/QUOTE]

HATE YOU! It is 100* here!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Photobucket
  • Options
    Haters gonna hate!!! ha. I will try to not b*tch about it then! 
    The rain was actually really needed.  We've been having some wild fires breaking out. 
  • Options
    Irish: I really hope you get word back soon! :) That just sounds like such an awesome job to have.

Fire: Seriously, I'm considering buying a kidie pool to soak in in the shade...with ice cubes of course. :D

Amanda and Crown: that just sounds like a crappy day at work (in Amanda's case, not work) :/ I hated it when things like that came up at the office. We had other students come in and flood the toilets from time to time...and of course set fire to one of the classrooms upstairs...twice. smh.

Divine: The AC at my parents house is set at 78*...it comes on every 5 minutes until about 7pm, where it will come on less frequently. And don't even get me started on the humidity. :/ I've got a mini fro going and feeling like I'm gonna suffocate every time I go outside is just not my thing.

Kelty: Way to rub it in... />.>
  • Options
    I hate the heat. I feel for you Amanda.

I live in SoCal so it's not supposed to ever get super cold or boiling hot. Right now it's 84 and I am not anxious to step outside of the office. 84 is already TOO hot for me.

And to think H wants me to visit him in MO over the summer. NO thanks! I'll try again at the end of September and see if it cools down any. The heat makes me even super cranky.
    image Daisypath Anniversary tickers Follow Me on Pinterest
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards