Destination Weddings Discussions
Options

WTF Wednesday

Bitching and complaining goes here.

Anniversary imagemy read shelf:
Cathy (CathyL7910)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)

Re: WTF Wednesday

• Options
    minionloverminionlover member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited August 2012
    WTF TK, I can use bitching but not shot.s.  Thats stupid.
    Cathy (CathyL7910)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    Haha wow. My WTF is I guess on my decision making. WTH can't I just decide where we are getting married at all ready!! I need to buckle down and decide if I.am going to make my guests pay more than I wanted and stick with Costa Rica or go back to my original DR. There are so many great resorts in the DR but i am scared about the negativity I have heard. Ugh It's time though so hopefully I can get it done soon!
    Anniversary
  • Options
    What negative things have you heard about DR?  I know that Jen just got married there and loved it.  DR was one of our top 3 to get married at and the big reason,(after the family reason), that we didn't pick there was because it was so hard to get legally married there.  We actually want to go there eventually on vacation.
  • Options
    I heard DR is beautiful too but also Costa Rica, at least it is a fun decison to make!!

WTF I am at 4 months on Saturday and we still havent paid off all the things we need to for the wedding. I know my FI is stressin' a little. :/
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Meg- Talk to Jen (Venus)!   She had an amazing wedding in DR! 

I was almost swayed by the negative comments I read about the resorts in Jamaica but every experience is different and in the end it really is what you make of it.  You might be having a tough time b/c your heart is set on Costa...think about it and if it's what you want, figure out if the guests you want/need there most will be able to make it.  If they can then it works out, if not you still have to decide if they are important enough for you to choose a location that is "second best"...just be true to your heart.  My dream location was not Jamaica, it was Hawaii, but I knew my family wouldn't be able to afford it nor did I want them breaking the bank to do so and I am very happy with the choice I made!  I couldn't picture not having my mom, brother and sisters at my wedding.  I was even looking at Puerto Rico for a while to make it even easier on my family, but I knew it wasn't in my heart to have it there (even though I am Puerto Rican and although it's sad, I still haven't been!  My father was even born there, you would think we would have had at least 1 family vacay to PR lol!) Anyway, just think about it and try to follow what your heart wants :-) Although I am not going to have my Hawaiian wedding, I am happy to be going to Jamaica to marry my FI beneath the famous sunset of Negril. I even think that Jamaica will turn out better than Hawaii would have lol! I'd be too focused on the island an not on my honeymoon :-p
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    oh snap!  my ticker is halfway there!!!!!!

and on to my WTF

1. WTF- I was trying to offer advice to Meg and the post became about me!  sorry girl, I hope it does help you a bit :-)

2. WTF was up with me the last 3 nights I've had nightmares that I can't really remember but I was waking up feeling so tense and upset!  I kind of remember in one I was having an arugment with FI :-(  In another something was happening that I don't remember but my tooth was falling out amidst the confusion of the nightmare.  Last night was my first peaceful sleep!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    WinstonsGirlWinstonsGirl member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited August 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-theme-boards_destination-weddings_wtf-wednesday-59?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Theme%20BoardsForum:54Discussion:2c2a147d-8e84-43bd-9f45-ec38d7d0ea1fPost:626a1813-bf2a-40dc-80ad-1d164afd44e4">Re: WTF Wednesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]WTF TK, I can use bitching but not shot.s.  Thats stupid.
    Posted by Cathyl7910[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>I thought all the sh..t words were fixed a day or two ago??  Shots??  Shirts??  </div><div>
    </div><div>My WTF, totally non-wedding related is that my leg is still tight and sore after trying to get back into tumbling Monday night. It's been 3 1/2 months since I tore my muscle.  Heal already!!  I have tryouts in 2 weeks!!</div><div>
    </div><div>ETA: Whoop!!</div>

• Options
    I was going to say, shots was fixed when they reset the system that censors the words lol because there were a bunch that shouldn't have been on there... lol

WTF to people's inability to RSVP? Today is our cut off.... we are still waiting on over 100 people!!!
  • Options
    Sorry I didn't reply Britt.....my invite must've been lost in the mail! Tongue Out

My WTF is my one class. It's finals week so this was really my last shot at pulling up my grade. My professor is sooooo horrible. I really hope that I got at least the B i need to make the September 1 deadline for one nursing program. If not, I am really proud of what I did this summer. Took 4 science course in 12 weeks and will have A's in 3 of the at least. I was never really a science person so this was a big accomplishment!

My other WTF- umm only 59 days. I don't have anything!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Haha that's totally it, it was def lost in the mail lol
  • Options
    Well It's actually not the reviews, they dont look bad. 2 family friends got married there and told my mom and my sister that i shouldn't and 2 other people as well. Which swayed my decision at first but the prices are perfect for my guests there so i am thinkng I might change. I had seen the Jens reviews werent bad with her GBU which made me sway a little back. I can't justify making my guests pay about 700 more a couple when the DR looks just as beautiful in pics. Don't worry Nicole it still helped :) At first I was dead set on DR then changed because of what i heard but i an starting to think i should go get my own opinion on DR. Thanks ladies Britt hope you go home to all ur rsvps Britj: Hope everything works out for you. Just keep thinking of that beautiful wedding you will have! Nicolej, good luck on ur exams!!
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Hi Ladies!!  thought I'd stop in and give Meg some support!

I loved DR and so did my guests... One thing that I recommend to give it a completely different feel is to have the wedding off the resort. that was hands down the best decision I made!  I Had the wedding at the Jellyfish and the planner there seriously is awesome and there is only one wedding there a day and the food is fabulous!  I can not say enough good things about the place.

My guests loved the ceremony location/reception.  They didn't really complain about the resort (it was a beautiful resort, just tooo large and some of the staff was rude but not all) but if we were to go back we'd stay at a different resort.  I heard great things about Excellence and Dreams as well as Paradisus which is more expensive.

Hope that helps a little....
    Jen's Bio ~ Updated 4/30/2012
    The day I married my best friend!

Anniversary
  • Options
    WTF post office?!

Why is it EVERY TIME I go in, when talking to a clerk, the answer is always "absolutely not." EVERY.TIME. But yet, when I explain again and the clerk actually listens, then the answer changes to "oh sure, we can do that."

Do you teach this in customer service 101? Never listen to the customer, just automatically say "absolutely not" when asked a question, and if the customer pushes it, then actually listen and see if it is doable.

Asshats. No wonder the USPS is tanking. Oh, and don't get me started on waiting at least 20 minutes each time I walk in the door. 

Oh, but a check, I did FINALLY get the wedding invites mailed!
  • Options
    Yay! So glad I could contribute today...

This past weekend, the FMIL texted and asked if cream was an acceptable color to wear. Cream?! Really?! I replied and said, "I don't think so...it's too close to white. In general, guests shouldn't wear white/ivory/cream/etc since the bride should only be wearing that color" (technically...)

So I offered to go dress shopping with her and we settled upon today. I saw a BUNCH of dresses that would look great on her, but she kept saying, "Uhm...I'll just keep looking." I'd ask her, "What's wrong with it?" "What don't you like about it?" "What about the color? What are you looking for?" She couldn't give me a straight answer for ANY of those questions.

She refused to try on anything. I finallly called her out after the 2nd or 3rd time she refused to try something on since "they didn't have her size." I told her she can easily ask for it in the size she needs. She then used the excuse, "It's not going to look good." And I retorted, "Well how do you know that? You haven't even tried on any dress, yet." She couldn't come up with a good excuse after that.

Oh, and another one is that she said it's going to show her tummy. Well, she's a small, petite thing and she had surgery on her stomach, so she kinda has excess skin there, but I told her that that doesn't matter and that's what Spanx are for!

This isn't the first time I've been so frustrated with her. I needed a drink so bad...!!

I didn't tell her this, but she's on her own. She can just send me a pic when she chooses one.
    DW Siggy Challenge
    Dream Honeymoon Destination: Bora Bora

My Planning Bio *updated 04/10/12*

Visit Maui.Weddings.com
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Thank you Jen!! We are in the process of looking at resorts with the travel agent. 
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Well we only had one RSVP, still waiting on over 100.... sigh.... and the calling begins
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards