Chit Chat
Options

Opinion Please!

Well I sort of messed up big time! I found out that Notre Dame is having a home football game in October on my wedding (I'm getting married in South Bend) & I don't follow football so I didn't think this was going to be a big deal until I started to try to block hotels rooms for my guests....all reasonably prices hotels were all booked! If they weren't the prices went up to an outrageous cost. I managed to find some hotels about 30mins away from SB in my home town. Anyway here's my problem...I feel so bad that I didn't do this sooner but because the hotels are so far away their isn't a shuttle service to my venue like there would have been if I booked at a South Bend hotel. Is it wrong to pretty much have to corner my out of town guests into renting a car? Or do most people tend to rent a car anyways to get around before/after the wedding? I'm not really sure what to do, any advice appreciated :)
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Opinion Please!

• Options
    Can you rent a shuttle service for them for the wedding day?
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Oh wow I've never heard of being able to do that, definitely a good idea! Do you happen to know of any companies who do this?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

If you are looking for shuttles, try a school bus company. No word of a lie, we're renting one for our shuttle for our guests and its doubling as the transportation of the bridal party. It was a third of the cost of the limo/shuttle companies in my area.

October 2012 December Siggy: Favourite Wedding Picture
    PIC_281copy1 Anniversary
  • Options
    I just moved here from PA so I don't know of anything local. Google limo companies, they usually also have vans.
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Cortney1982Cortney1982 member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited May 2012
    I'd definitely check into a charter/shuttle company.  I almost made the same mistake myself and caught it before it was too late.
  • Options
    I am attending an out of town wedding in a few months and will be renting a car.  I didn't think twice about it.  The hotel/venue is about 45 min from the airport.  At the very least, how else would I get to and from the airport? 
  • Options
    [QUOTE]South Bend, IN is not the kind of city in which one gets around without a car.  If people fly in, they will need a car to get from the airport to the hotel and back, and if they want to go out for anything they will need a car.  I don't see this as an issue.  Guests flying in will need to rent a car anyway, and those driving in will already have theirs.  I wouldn't bother with shuttles.[/QUOTE]

I agree, I just wanted to see what you guys thought. When I've gone to out of town weddings I always assume I'm going to rent a car, or else I'd be stuck at the hotel all day friday and sunday. I contacted a school bus company though and hopefully they have a reasonable price!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Sorry... I LOL'd at the school bus idea.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I've always included the car rental as just a part of it. Just make sure you make a good map to get to your location.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards