Getting in Shape
Options

tell me about beets

So I just starting getting into beets and had seen they are very good for you and even considered a super food.  So howcome when I went to the grocery store to buy them it was basically just sugar and some carbs, no vitamins or anything.  I am assuming that is because it was in a jar and I need to be buying them fresh?  Please help I would love to eat them more often if they are that good!  Thanks!

Re: tell me about beets

• Options
    It might just be that the item you were looking at didn't list all the nutritional value.  According to this (click) they're a good source of potassium among other things.  They're also low in calories and really tasty, which is always a good thing.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Daisypath Graduation tickers
  • Options
    all I could think about when I saw the headline is that beets make your pee funny haha 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    uh.. yeah.. well.. you're buying in a jar, so check the ingredients. If there is anything other than water and beets, don't bother. 
    But most labels don't show ALL the nutrients/minerals (because most people don't care.. and the people that do will google it) 
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_getting-shape_tell-me-about-beets?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:238Discussion:0c9132f0-3a38-413c-98e6-472bf2b921fbPost:a1c7d3c4-fc2e-41e0-b64c-b1ca4dc7929f">Re: tell me about beets</a>:
    [QUOTE]all I could think about when I saw the headline is that beets make your pee funny haha 
    Posted by souptin[/QUOTE]

<div>Bears, beets, battlestar galactica.</div><div>
    </div><div>
    </div>
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_getting-shape_tell-me-about-beets?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:238Discussion:0c9132f0-3a38-413c-98e6-472bf2b921fbPost:1f4b77dd-0427-4434-aea2-d575b3aadc6e">Re: tell me about beets</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: tell me about beets : Bears, beets, battlestar galactica.
    Posted by anna.oskar[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>FTW! </div>
  • Options
    Love beets. I juice them in my breakfast drink. You can't have canned beets. There is a lot of sugar in them, just like carrots, but it's a natural detoxifier. Just take whole beets, boil or roast them and remove skin. No need for canned, super easy. I will say, you can overdose on them. I was juicing a whole beet a day and started to feel feverish from it. I started doing research and if you eat too much, you body can't break in down fast enough and you'll get sick from it. Good luck! And yes...if you have to many, it will make your pee red.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_getting-shape_tell-me-about-beets?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:238Discussion:0c9132f0-3a38-413c-98e6-472bf2b921fbPost:a1c7d3c4-fc2e-41e0-b64c-b1ca4dc7929f">Re: tell me about beets</a>:
    [QUOTE]all I could think about when I saw the headline is that beets make your pee funny haha 
    Posted by souptin[/QUOTE]

Haha

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards