Offbeat Weddings
Options

Brides with facial piercings?

I have a few facial piercings (my most treasured being a philtrum piercing) and while my FI doesn't mind, I'd be willing to put clear glass retainers in for the ceremony. During the ceremony though, I'm going to put my jewelry back in.

What did you do with your mods during your special day?

Re: Brides with facial piercings?

• Options

I am all for keeping the guests and families comfortable and what not on the wedding day! However, when it comes to stuff like this I am not going out of my way to hide my mods! If you are anything like me... my tattoos and piercings mean alot to me and are part of me! I would do whatever makes you comfortable! You are the bride! Besides I am assuming that most of the guest list has seen your mods anyways so why take them out? Just my opionion though! :)

• Options
    edited January 2012
    its up to you, if you promised your mom (or FI or whoever) you would take them out, I wouldn't break that promise, but if not, do what makes sence to you, don't just take them out because you 'think' people might not like them.

May 2012 July Siggy: Favorite Vacation Spot Kaleden, BC
    July Fave Vacation Spot photo IMG_0268-1.jpg

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    My Blog:Through My Eyes

• Options
    I'd say as long as you'll be happy with the photos in 20 years, do what you want. If it's something you think you'll grow out of, I'm not sure if it would be smart to keep them in. 
  • Options
    I took my labret out for the wedding. DH said he would prefer that I didn't wear it. 
    We did a TTD and I did wear it for those pictures. Not that it's very noticable, I just keep a small silver star in it. 

• Options
    This is exactly the question I had! I left my eyebrow piercing in for our engagement photos. I honestly didn't notice it I think because I am so used to it. But when I did I was wondering if it would be strange to look at these pictures down the road and show my grandkids. Not that there's anything wrong with it. I just don't know. I'll honestly probably end up keeping it in for the wedding because I just really like it. 
  • Options
    I recently got my septum pierced and personally I think it depends on my mood more towards the day. I may flip it up (into my nose) to hide it, or I might not because I consider it to be quite understated in the first place when I have just a small ring snug to my nose, or a curved barbell in it.

I'm not worried about what future generations might think of when they see my pictures (with or without piercings) because I'd want them to know who I am, not just who I want people to see. Even if it turns out to be just a phase and I take them out, it doesn't change who I am right now.
    Phoenix - August 19, 2006
    Avery - March 16, 2011

Things to avoid during pregnancy: Eye contact with cats. Cats will suck the burgeoning life right out of you, using their infamous feline mind-powers. Avert your eyes, and move along.

FACT: 1 in 10 people are said to be a carrier of Listeria. Therefore you should avoid all shopping malls, grocery stores and busy street corners for the duration of your pregnancy. Or microwave anyone you contact until steaming, just to be safe.
  • Options
    DO WHAT MAKES YOU HAPPY! Im bummed i wont have my facial piercings in because i had to remove them for my job and they closed up on me. but i will be wearing my tatts proudly.
  • Options
    i dont have any facial piercings due to the jobs ive had they werent allowed(iv always wanted my septum and lip done) but i do have tattoos,well you cant see them in my dress they are all on my hips and ribcage.but i would wear them proudly just like you do any other day of the week.they are apart of who you are and how you express yourself! they are beautiful.i say wear them.no sense in putting in retainers just for the ceremony only to have to put the piercings in 30mins later
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards