Ohio-Northeast
Options

Are you doing this for your BMs?

Two of my bridesmaids are being a complete pain in the rear.  They want me to pick out a specific shoe and jewelry for them.  I'm not worried about the jewelry b/c I can find some inexpensive jewelry for them to buy.  The shoes however they want me to make a decision now (the wedding isn't until July) and every pair I pick they complain about the price.  I can't find a pair under 40 bucks.  I'm not sure what to do.  Any suggestions?  Thanks, ladies.

Re: Are you doing this for your BMs?

• Options
    skippylouwhoskippylouwho member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Tell them to pick matching shoes and get them themselves (together).  If you have a particular style then tell them - if you want a 2" heel, sling back, strap across the ankle, closed toe, open toe, flats. whatever. OR if you don't care - tell them.

Put it on them to work it out together.
  • Options
    JKohioJKohio member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I chose jewelry for them (silver/CZ from Penney's, on sale), but gave them guidelines on their shoes so they could pick their own (or wear what they already had if they wanted). As long as it was strappy and white, I was ok with it.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    ayamm1123ayamm1123 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I found Target has a huge selection online for prices that are very reasonable. We just got red peep toes for $21 for a December wedding.  Worth looking - online has way more than in stores but you can return to stores if they dont work...win win!
    Otherwise I would let them pick their own if you dont want to worry about it!
  • Options
    HendersonLHendersonL member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would suggest looking for mootsies tootsies. Available in many colors, comfortable and affordable. I'll be wearing them.
  • Options
    stacey2345stacey2345 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I just told them to choose a color and they've sent me pics of the ones they are thinking of.   For shoes under $40 I'd try JCPenneys, Sears, Target, Payless.  If they are willing to go a tad higher or maybe even the $40 range, try DSW (Designer Shoe Warehouse).  As far as jewelry I know you said you could find something cheap but if you are lookign for something special you should defintiely check out etsy.com.  If the girls were to order in one order you usually get a discount from some sellers for ordering so many and usually it's a customized item for you or something different than if you bought in a department store.

Photobucket Image and video hosting by TinyPic BFP 04.18.12. Baby #1 is due Dec 30! Beta #1 @ 17 dpo: 1008. Beta #2 @ 19dpo: 2160. Beta #3 @22 dpo: 7503 Beta #4 @24 dpo: 15079 BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker My Ovulation Chart
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I told my girls I don't care what your shoes look like as long as they are silver.. I trust them enough to pick their own shoes!
    Anniversary
  • Options
    kmbeyerkmbeyer member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Oh please don't get me wrong....I have told them from the start that I want and trust them to get their own jewelry and shoes.  However the two sisters are pushing for me to find things for all the girls.  I don't feel it's right, but they won't let off.  I love the ideas ladies and even found a pair at target online for 18 bucks.  Hopefully that will work and if not they are officially on their own!!!  Thanks again!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards