Chit Chat

father daughter songs??

I was just looking for good father daughter songs.  I love country music and classic rock, and he pretty much same thing.  I am his 1st daughter, my younger sister got married this past september and danced to that tim mcgraw song, so I want something different but close in style...  any suggestions???

Re: father daughter songs??

• We're doing "butterfly kisses". My dad and I have talked about dancing to that song since I was a little kid :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Second vote for Butterfly Kisses!
  • My Dad and I are NOT country, but I really fell in love with Heartland's "I Loved Her First." The song is so beautiful and has so much meaning. I just Googled "father daughter dance songs" and a lot of suggestions came up.
  • We're either doing My Girl or The Way you Look tonight.
    Anniversary
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_father-daughter-songs?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:14Discussion:0169886e-dd4b-4f51-96b1-0d852ad2af9bPost:bce99fa2-661e-4cfb-8eaf-6784f3921fa0">Re: father daughter songs??</a>:
    [QUOTE]My Dad and I are NOT country, but I really fell in love with Heartland's "I Loved Her First." The song is so beautiful and has so much meaning. I just Googled "father daughter dance songs" and a lot of suggestions came up.
    Posted by rlavach[/QUOTE]

Oh that song makes me cry every single time.  It's so beautiful.
    AnniversaryBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Like Carrie, we are dancing to Butterfly Kisses, as my dad and i read the book when i was a little girl. So I vote Butterfly Kisses

Wedding Countdown Ticker Flowers
    image 160 Invited
    image 2 are ready to party with there boots on! image 0 have better things to do image158 are trying to find there boots
    RSVP Date: July 25th
  • Have you asked your dad for suggestions?  We danced to "Southern Cross" by Crosby, Stills, and Nash because he used to dance with me to it when I was a little girl.  If you have any songs that have sentimental value, I would go that route :)
  • We danced to "Somewhere Over the Rainbow" by Judy Garland because when I was growing up, we would watch "The Wizard of Oz" together every year and it was very special to us. 

Find something that is special and unique to you and your father.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary
  • Butterfly Kisses-Beautiful song and I used to tell my dad when I was little that it would be the song we danced to at my wedding. I just have to stop crying when I hear it!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I freaking HATE Butterfly Kisses, lol.  Bob Carlisle sings like a friggen child molestor.

My dad and I both love classic rock and Bob Seger, and I surprised him for our first dance with "Old Time Rock n' Roll."  He DIED!  It was awesome!

The other song I was considering was "Daughter" by Loudon Wainwright.  It's a really cute song.
    panther
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_father-daughter-songs?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:14Discussion:0169886e-dd4b-4f51-96b1-0d852ad2af9bPost:21ad63a3-ac10-4101-bdfe-900334d14704">Re: father daughter songs??</a>:
    [QUOTE]I freaking HATE Butterfly Kisses, lol.  Bob Carlisle sings like a friggen child molestor. My dad and I both love classic rock and Bob Seger, and I surprised him for our first dance with "Old Time Rock n' Roll."  He DIED!  It was awesome! The other song I was considering was "Daughter" by Loudon Wainwright.  It's a really cute song.
    Posted by AllAboutTheBenjamin[/QUOTE]

My dad and I talked about dancing to Old Time Rock n' Roll too!  But then I heard Train's song "I got you" which is a half-cover of the Doobie Brother's "blackwater".  My dad loves the Doobie Brothers, and I love Train, and it's a fun song, so that's what we're dancing to.

I couldn't see us dancing to a sappy song like Butterfly Kisses.  I don't want to cry while dancing, I want to have fun!  Butterfly Kisses is a great father daughter son for those who like it, it's just not my style.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary
  • Before googling 'father daughter dance songs', think about songs that you and your Dad really like.  It doesn't have to talk about a father-daughter relationship.  AATB, I LOVE your choice, that's awesome.

My Dad and I are dancing to Warren Zevon's 'Werewolves of London' as our official dance, but also plan on cutting the rug to 'Linus and Lucy' and a few Boston-related songs. 
    Photobucket
  • We did Somewhere Over the Rainbow.
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • We will be doing "I loved her first". Its a beautiful song, makes me cry almost everytime I hear it :)
  • I'm using "my little girls" by Tim McGraw or there is that song called "daughter" idk who sings it but it is the song that plays at the end of knocked up when he is driving them home from the hospital. ( i think that is the time where the song plays lol havent watched it in a while but i know that song is in that movie.)

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards