New Jersey
Options

Venetian Brides

Hi Girls,

On Saturday I will be going to the Venetian to finalize my menu. I was wondering if any of you could tell me the food choices? Not really familiar with some of the dishes and want to be prepared on Saturday.

TIA

Re: Venetian Brides

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Hey Michelle,
    I can't help...but I'm getting married there Feb 2011 and am really curious how the menu picking goes.  

And a couple of questions, are you using uplighting? And which hotel are you booking through?  Actually I'd like to know a lot about your vendors, if you're using recommended ones from the Venetian, I'm finally getting around to starting the serious booking/looking and would love any advise you've got. 
    If you'd rather, you can email me wagdiana@gmail.com and share :)

TYIA
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I don't remember the options, but we chose Chateaubriand, Chilean Sea Bass, and Chicken stuffed with spinach and asiago cheese. For the appetizer, we went with the mozzarella tower. Are you doing the seafood extravaganza for the cocktail hour? That will help with your choices too.

Wagner, my guests are staying at the Saddle Brook Marriot. I had a really hard time with the Hilton Hasbrouck Heights, so I decided not to go with them. Kim at the Marriot has been really great to work with! Also, we are using uplighting through Magic Moments.
    imageAnniversary Lilypie Maternity tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    ChloeMarieChloeMarie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We also went with the mozzarella tower. For meal we are doing chateubriand, seafood tower and french cut chicken breast with mozarella prosciutto and sundried tomato. For fish they said they can do anything from salmon, swordfish, chillean seabass, etc.

For the meat is either chateubriand or petit filet mignon

Vegetarian dish is availableon request. Denisa said they can do apasta prima vera, stuffed vegetable, herb risotto w mashed potatoes, etc.

Hope this helped some

• Options
    LolyalyssaLolyalyssa member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    there was a post about a month ago directly on point for your question.  Go back in time and see if you can find it.  Or use the search function.
  • Options
    Lola MinnieLola Minnie member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011

Vanessa, what shuttle are you using with the Marriott? I need to give a deposit soon to the one I was recommended to.

Michelle, I can't offer help on your menu choices but good luck & I may run into you there, I need to drop off a payment on Sat

• Options
    crazy4u201crazy4u201 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    How soon before the wedding date do you go and finalize the menu?  I just got a letter for the next deposit for 12,000 lol don't you just love recieving these kinds of letters ladies? lol
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Lola, I am not using a shuttle service. We chartered buses through Academy
    imageAnniversary Lilypie Maternity tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    michellelopesmichellelopes member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi Girls,
    Thank you so much!! I will definitely let you all know how it goes.
    Wagner, I am not having any hotel accomodations since all of my guests are local. I did go with their house DJ Magic Moments since they do the uplighting as well.

Crazy4U - I am finalizing all the details three months in advance...my wedding is in April..haha...i HATE those letters and i especially dislike going to the place to hand the check in...but it will all be worth it in the end!
    Linqdz - I am not having the lobster extraveganza.. should I be regretting it right now?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I got married there in July. They offer SOOO much food, that the lobster extravaganza is totally not necessary.

Also, just a heads up with the Saddle Brook Mariott I used them and was very unsatisfied with them. Hopefully you guys will have a better experience than I did. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    hey how much did magic moments charge for dj'ing & the uplighting? they seem to be kind of pricey so not sure if i shoudl go with them or not? can any one help?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    did anyone use dash of class for their dj/uplighting?
    i really wanted a nice ambience, their reviews were ify tho.
    any feed back would help!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards