January 2013 Weddings
Options

Progress!

I ordered my dress AND booked a photographer today! (Also I delegated the task of setting a date and place to try on bridesmaid dresses to my bridesmaid). Just felt like sharing because its the most I've done, besides lurk on the boards, for a while. Hurray for productivity!

Re: Progress!

• Options
    YAY! Congrats!

Do we get to see pictures of the dress? cuz telling us and not sharing just isn't nice. ;)

just kidding. But we'd love to see.

I've been excited because I started a new craft for the pre-school toys that will be at the wedding :) Annnnd because we got our save the dates the other day :) It's like every new thing we do makes it that much more real and more concrete and it's exciting, but also mildly terrifying at the same time.
  • Options
    We have the church and I picked out  my dress. We finally picked our reception and sending over the contract today. It's about 30 minutes from the church but it is closer to my fiance's family and the best part is we get to have it for the whole day. We are excited!
  • Options
    Yay congrats on your checks!! Time is going to start flying by.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Pre-school toys? I'm curious. Thanks, all. Time has already started flying by and I was thrilled to get these very big things checked off. Here is a picture doing no justice to it:

Look at it sparkle!

And the official link:

• Options
    ooooh! very pretty!

In my family, we use "pre-school toys" to indicate when there will be small children about. It's from Toy Story when Mr. Potato Head says "What I want to say, I can't. Because there are pre-school toys present." So it just kind of evolved. It's what someone says as a warning to someone else when they start cussing around the little kids...and then it just spread to mean that there are or would be kids present.
  • Options
    That is so cute

• Options
    LOVE your dress! Great find!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Thank you! I can't wait for it to get here!
  • Options
    The church, reception place are booked. We are meeting the dj tomorrow and meeting the photographer next Friday, and the other major one pending is getting the caterer which we hope to have a Italian buffet style.
  • Options

It's a great feeling to start getting things done! I have the church, the venue/caterer, the photographer and dj. Next up is dress...I feel a little behind on that part, but working on it.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards