Pre-wedding Parties

XP: Need Alice in Wonderland Bridal Shower Ideas!

I'm helping my MOH and mom plan my summer shower (I know it's early yet!). 

Do you fabulous ladies have any good ideas for an Alice themed shower? I want to keep it fun but not too cartoon-y. I've already got these ideas in mind: 
  • eat me/drink me signs
  • funky cake
  • "sign me" Alice in Wonderland kids book
  • iced tea to drink (not really crazy about a tea party per se-- hate those stupid sandwiches!) 
  • paper lanterns for decorations

I am struggling with centerpieces and decor! Any ideas?

The shower will most likely be at a country club and we'll be eating brunch-y foods!

Thanks!

imageUntitledmy read shelf:
Faith (FaithCaitlin)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)

Re: XP: Need Alice in Wonderland Bridal Shower Ideas!

• The first thing that came to mind was using hookahs as centerpieces...but that might be hard to do unless you have a lot of friends you could borrow them from.  But you could at least use one or two as accent decor?
  • When I think Alice in Wonderland I think whimsy, tea parties,  pocket watches, decks of cards and rose bushes.
    It would be really cool to do centerpieces in either tea pots or tea cups.

• If you don't want want to focus on tea and sandwiches, and you are already considering a brunch menu, perhaps add some scones and petit fours on the sweet table. 

Although flowers and plants in tea cups and porcelain pots looks really nice, you could try incorporating hats into your centerpieces.  Taller black hats could be filled with a variety of flowers, or wide brimmed ladies hats could be filled with plantings.

In addition to the ideas listed above, clocks, flower pots, keys, key holes, croquet, and flamingoes also come to mind.  Bold colors and geometric patterns would be fun.  Mixing your tableware with large and small serving pieces could add to the whimsy.

Favors could be cookies in the shape of spades, hearts, diamonds, and clubs, or simple shapes with the words "Eat Me" drawn onto them.
  • Whatever you do, don't use live rabbits as centerpieces.

• You can put candles in square votives, and attach playing cards (spec. hearts cards) to the outside on all 4 sides...

Play on the flowers, but do the oversized flowers (like in the garden) out of crepe paper or something similar.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Thank you ladies! I appreciate the ideas!

And there will absolutely be no live rabbits anywhere!

imageUntitledmy read shelf:
    Faith (FaithCaitlin)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • OK I really like this idea, here's some thoughts:
    *Love the stacked mismatched teacups and pots as a centerpiece.
    *Flowers could be white roses painted red
    *Favors could be teabags or personalized decls of cards
    *Have someone ask ridiculous riddles throughout the dshowe rwhoever comes up with the funniest answer gets a prize
    *You could also have each guest bring a teacup and saucer and end up withthe most eclectic china cabinet ever
    *You can serve soup with too much pepper, minature cakes, and defiantely something with mushrooms
    * or maybe have a tea bar where people have a basic iced tea that they could add peaches, raspberrry, mint etc to make thier own blend.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_pre-wedding-parties_xp-need-alice-in-wonderland-bridal-shower-ideas?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:32Discussion:eb812e96-1c40-4718-a523-da2ee7537078Post:9befc696-b143-4c25-baf0-2be2c0314b29">Re: XP: Need Alice in Wonderland Bridal Shower Ideas!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thank you ladies! I appreciate the ideas! And there will absolutely be no live rabbits anywhere!
    Posted by FaithCaitlin[/QUOTE]
    Good.  :)  There actually was a poster a couple of months ago who was doing an Alice in Wonderland themed wedding who wanted to use live rabbits in cardboard boxes (!) as centerpieces.  No joke.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards