June 2013 Weddings
Options

Wedding Wednesday

What'd you ladies get done this past week? What's on the docket for this one?
                                                                              Follow Me on Pinterest

Re: Wedding Wednesday

• Options
    I ordered ten bouquets of silk gerbera daisies. I five BMs including my MOH, but I'm probably going to use the same flowers in my centerpieces, so I ordered extras to start experimenting.

FI and I went and looked at all four of the pavilions that can be rented for parties that are in the state park we're getting married in. We want to do a big bbq rehearsal dinner and invite everyone who will be in town already. FI's mom is paying the RD and this was her idea. She told me to put an rsvp for the RD on the invites so everyone knows it's open to all. We're really excited about this. She's going to have it catered. We picked out the largest of the four pavilions that's right on the shores of the lake. The earliest we can reserve it for is 11 months prior, so she'll call and reserve it on the 29th. 

FMIL also opened up to me about being slightly uncomfortable about the wedding planning. FI is her only child and she's never planned a wedding and is unsure of where she stands and when she can off opinions. I told her we love her, her only child is getting married and she's allowed to speak up about anything and everything. She's not the kind of person who would demand her opinions and FI has no problems telling her no if that ends up being the case. I really do love my FMIL and she is so sweet and wonderful. I want her to be happy with the wedding as well. Plus, she's giving us a large sum of money to use towards it, paying for the RD and the honeymoon, so she definitely gets say. 
                                                                                  Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    I'm going to put a deposit on a cake this weekend, as long as the cake doesn't end up tasting like crap. We're not officially having a tasting and choosing exact flavors until later in the year when FI can come back to the Michigan.

I almost booked a band and cancelled with my DJ. I really want to, but we'd lose our DJ deposit and the discount on the photo booth, so $440, not to mention the band is $2000 more. 

Cake! - June 2013
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    We haven't done much but talk about what needs to be done. Tuxes, cakes, hotel block etc. I e-mailed my BMs to see if they wanted to go try on dresses in August but haven't hear back yet. I would like the dresses ordered by January which is right after the holidays so I wanted to go shopping early so they could pick the dresses they wanted and buy it at their convenience or budget for it to buy in January.

I'm beginning to rethink our candy bar idea. It was going to be our favor but now that I'm doing the math out it's going to be almost $500 and we'll have almost 40lbs of candy since everything is sold as 5 lb containers. I know 150 people aren't going to eat 40lbs of candy so what do we do with the extra? I think I'm going to have to chat with FI about this tonight.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    cnf, that's nice that your fiance's mom actually expressed that stuff to you. I think that says a lot about your relationship with her.

We got nothing wedding related accomplished this past week- we actually backslid a little, I think. We had an appointment scheduled for this Friday to go look at tuxes & suits with my fiance and his brother. His brother (the best man) fancies himself to be quite the fashion plate, so knowing that he'll be extra picky, I want to have enough time to find something he won't complain about. However, my fiance remembered that he has to go to these continuing education classes this week (state-required for teachers). So, the appointment has been rescheduled for the end of July. Grrr.

Other than that, we're taking our parents to see our venue on Sunday, and we're going to stop and check out a park nearby for the rehearsal dinner.
  • Options
    I think we will be booking a musician for our ceremony this week, FI met with two last week and really liked them both, but their styles are a bit different, so we are trying to figure out which one we'd prefer. At first we were going to look into student musicians, there are two big music schools in Boston area, but then FI and I talked about it and decided that saving $100-200 is not worth a chance of the student not showing up at the wedding (there is a disclaimer on the web-site through which you "hire" students that the school is not accountable for anything). So we are using professional musicians who came recommended through our DJ.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

I booked my photographer on Monday and have been researching DJs like crazy. Other than that I have been trying to come up with centerpieces that I can make pretty cheap.

June 2013 Sig - Shoes
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

Booked our church finally a while ago.

Had 2 meetings with photogs last week - still unsure of who we are going to go with but we really need to decide. Doesnt help that FI is out of the country this week for work so nothing will be decided until he is back.

And had another florist appointment. It went well I guess. Although she is newer to it, I'm worried about how she'll do but I guess she has a year to experiment before our wedding LOL. We'd be her biggest wedding yet if we were to go with her. I'm still on the fence and would like to get quotes from other places as well.

Other than that, I think we're focusing on photog choices atm. At the end of next month, I'm going dress shopping so that should be fun. I'm looking forward to it and trying on this gorgeous dress I've been eyeing and told you gys about previously :)

Happy Wednesday ladies

June '13 - Cake!

Books read in 2013 - 0/25
  • Options
    Well .. We changed our date from June 22 to June 8.  Booked our venue, caterer, bartender.  Also booked our DJ and Photographer.  We're finally making progress!! We are in the process of looking for a bakery for the cake & deciding on menu items.  We have started our guest list.  And I'm looking at wedding dresses.  Had one, but FI dont like it so we're starting over again!  Cant wait for our day to be here!
    Happy Wednesday!
  • Options
    We have been searching and meeting with photographers.  We have met with 2 so far and definatly prefer one over the other but we are meeting with 2 more sets of photographers and then decide from there.
    We also went to our reception site with FI's parents and looked at a near by hotel for a hotel block.
    Also, starting to make appointments to try on dresses.
  • Options
    My mom and I are going to meet with a lady tonight who I think will be our DOC. Hopefully we get a good price, and a good vibe from her. She sold me my wedding dress, so it should be ok. Also talked to a friend who works at the florist recommended by our venue, and she assured me she would take care of us and give us a great deal. I am meeting with her next week because she called and said she is booking like crazy for next year and didn't want me to lose the day. FI also asked the last guy to be a groomsman, so I think the wedding party is set.
    Honeymoon Destination - Hawaii image
  • Options
    JennLaxJennLax member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited June 2012
    I finally have a wedding update! 

Since I'm nearing the one-year mark (2 more days - yay!), I decided to do a test run of my centrepiece. 

I bought these planter boxes (we will use a burner to engrave our initials into a heart):

And I want to grow grass in them like this (without the flowers):

I bought some cat grass seed and planted it in one of my boxes and last night some little sprouts of grass were coming up!  FI and I were very excited.

Now if only the seeds we tried to plant in the garden would sprout, I would be ecstatic LoL

We have to call our photographer tonight to make the second deposit because our e-photos are in 2 weeks.
    ~*June 2013 Sig Challenge: Our Cake*~
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    FI and I booked our honeymoon! We booked it so early for two reasons 1. it was 46% off plus they were giving a $300 credit which can be used for spa treatments since everything else is included. 2. My aunt is buying our plane tickets and was asking us where we were going.

We are heading to Couples Swept Away in Negril Jamaica for 10 days and 9 nights in a beachfront verandah suite! I'm so excited... now I just have to wait a year and will be obsessively looking at pictures!
    June 2013 January Sig - Honeymoon Destination
    Negril, Jamaica!!
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    I went and looked at my venue last night, which I loved, but it's a bit pricey.  They give $1000 discount if you have the wedding in Jan, Feb, July or August so we're considering moving our date.  Is it stupid that the first thing I thought of is that I would have to move wedding boards?

FI is out of state, he got called away suddenly because his grandfather is about to pass away, so I went to the venue with my god-daughter and her grandma.  We'll go again when he gets back and make the final call. 
    June 2013 - January Sig Challenge - Honeymoon Destination - Prince Edward Island
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    Nothing!  Haha This really isnt funny I need to get things done but right now we are planning our LOs first birthday so after that it is on like donkey kong!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Absolutely nothing. Well, I guess not nothing. I've been pinning a lot and have decided that we're going to use the wine cave at our venue for the ceremony. We're still not sure about the reception. The wedding coordinator is new and is still in the process of moving from Tennessee so she's been gone for a few weeks. Boy am I excited to meet up with her again. I'm also still thinking about my dress dilemma. I need to go try the one everybody likes on again and make a decision. I'm also thinking about going in and buying some flowers to play around with.

Maybe I'll have something more concrete to share next week.
    June 2013 May Challenge: The Dress
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    We have done nothing but talk about what needs to be done, lol! We have been looking into honeymoon locations. FSIL has vacation points and is going to pay for our honeymoon. Alot of the places we like are starting to fill up so we will probably make a decision tonight.
  • Options
    I have failed this week at getting anything wedding related done other than starting a must play list for the DJ. I need to call two florists to set up an appointment so I can decide whether I'm DIY-ing flowers or not. Also, need to find a few cake places (like 2) before we go see my FI family friend who does cakes out of her home next week. Hopefully with a week off from Summer School, I'll be more productive. A girl can hope!
  • Options
    FI and I have a meeting with a DJ tomorrow. I am excited but for me this is one of the hardest vendors to book, because you dont necessarily know what you are getting.

I am researching videographers and am going to start sending emails out for those too. mrsk, did you ever look at paul briles for videography? I dont think he has a website but has lots of videos on vimeo and is highly recommended on the Detroit board. He just did my friends wedding a couple weeks ago and they already have a sneak peek, and it is so beautiful I have tears in my eyes and FI is laughing at me.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    Registered at macy's last week.. probably won't be using it since everything there is $$$$ and we just were going for the scan for a grand event.. did a whole LOT of nothing this week so far.. hopefully we will be narrowing down what photographer we want and put the first payment down towards that.. then I will start to work on the wording for my paper goods so I can start bugging my sister to work on the artwork (she volunteered to do this lol) for everything... need to talk to my BM about my mom possibly making the dresses and yea.. lots of stuff to do.. definitely feeling stress lately :(
    June 2013 - July Sig Challenge - Venue

Photobucket Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    LOL that would be super awk!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    I have an appointment for BM dresses this weekend and I decided on invitations. I think I have my save the dates selected too. Other then that nothing! I probably won't do much until the first week in August since my mom will be here. I plan on getting my dress, looking at linens at my venue and starting my search for flowers while she's here.
    imageimageWedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards