Ohio-Northeast

Bride in need of a beautiful ceremony site in NE ohio?

Does anyone have any suggestions for a fall ceremony site (inexpensive) in NE Ohio????
Follow Me on Pinterest Wedding Countdown Ticker July 2013 Knotties April Siggy Challenge - Why July? July 20th 2013 We both love summer!

Re: Bride in need of a beautiful ceremony site in NE ohio?

• JKohioJKohio member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    How many guests?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    for a small ceremony, the observation deck at Brandywine Falls is absolutely gorgeous. Lots of really beautiful parks in NE Ohio. I don't know what the cost is, how far you are willing to drive, or how far it's booked up but Fellows Riverside Gardens in Youngstown is beautiful, too. Or Botanical Gardens in Cleveland. Stan Hywet in Akron. Hale Farm (near Bath).

lots of wineries, too. If you are wine drinkers, one of them might be a really cool place to hold your wedding.

What type of setting are you looking for? How many people? Ceremony only or ceremony and reception?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible. ~Nora Ephron, When Harry Met Sally
  • July2012brideJuly2012bride member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Check out Patterson Fruit farm.  They have a location that is reasonable and overlooks rolling hills.  Very pretty.

There is also Holden Arboretum and I would also check out Squire's castle.  Depending on what month you get married, this could be gorgeous, and there are some inexpensive enclosed, heated shelters in the metroparks just about 100 yards down the road in the River Grove Picnic area.

As an FYI, Stan Hywet and the Botanical Gardens are VERY expensive (Botanical gardens was going to be $6000 just to rent the space when I looked into it).

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • trent13trent13 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We will probably have around 200 guests and we were thinking a vineyard theme, our wedding date is November 10th 2012 I'm worried about the weather in november it might be cold we should probably have the ceremony indoors???
    Follow Me on Pinterest Wedding Countdown Ticker July 2013 Knotties April Siggy Challenge - Why July? July 20th 2013 We both love summer!
  • derrilynderrilyn member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Do you have a reception site yet?  What area (where do you live/where's the reception site and how far are you willing to travel?)  An actual vineyard might not be possible, there are some nice ones around NE ohio but I don't know if any of them would be able to accommodate 200 guests indoors.  You might try a barn and decorate it to get that vineyard feel.  Check out this post for suggestions: http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_ohio-cleveland_fall-rustic-barn-wedding-venues.
    There's also Springvale Ballroom in North Olmstead that has a rustic feel.  http://www.north-olmsted.com/springvalegolfcourse.cfm.
  • edited December 2011
    WOW! I guess I remember someone telling me that Stan Hywet was pricey but I had no idea the Botanical gardens were so pricey. Yikes!

November will probably be quite chilly. I don't know if I'm any more help, though. I'm getting married in south eastern Ohio (Marietta) and only considered outdoor venues in NE Ohio before settling on my hometown.

I like the barn idea, but I think it might be worth looking around for vineyards. Are you really committed to the outdoor/vineyard theme? or to November?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible. ~Nora Ephron, When Harry Met Sally
  • trent13trent13 member
    edited December 2011
    I think mostly the date is what I'm really set on other than that I don't really know anymore I wanted to have a winter theme but then someone told me that it didn't make sense because november is still fall so now I'm at square one again....
  • trent13trent13 member
    edited December 2011
    Absolutely nothing is set in stone yet, I keep changing my mind about EVERYTHING from the theme to the colors it's awful...is this typical or just me? I live in Tallmadge, OH and my fiancé and I found a hall in Stow, OH for relatively cheap for around 200 guests we're on a very tight budget we're paying for the entire wedding.
  • JKohioJKohio member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't know their capacity, but in the pics, it looks to be pretty good-sized. Have you looked into renting the Tallmadge Historical Church for your ceremony?
    http://www.tallmadge-ohio.org/parks_rec/parks/historical_church/index.html

In Cuyahoga Falls, there's Sarah's Vineyard Winery and it's very cute and rustic. I just don't know if they could accommodate 200 indoors.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Chester2490Chester2490 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Try Brookside Farms. I'm getting married there and I'm OBSESSED with it :) It's an old dairy farm and if you like a rustic feel, it's exactly that. We changed our date because of how much we liked it...they were booked on our original date. You are able to get married anywhere on the grounds for a small fee or if you book the barn for the reception you can have the ceremony for free anywhere near the barn. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • JoeyOzJoeyOz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Here's some affordable places in the area:

http://www.wedcheaper.com/Cleveland-inexpensive-wedding-venues.html

It's normal to change your mind a few times before deciding what you want.  Our budget decided for us.  :)  I'm sure you'll find something you both like - good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards