Second Weddings
Options

Happy Thanksgiving - what's on the stove or in the oven?

I've got a corn pudding in the oven and a Watergate Salad chillin' in the fridge.

Re: Happy Thanksgiving - what's on the stove or in the oven?

• Options
    2dBride2dBride member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We went to a friend's house for Thanksgiving dinner.  But NotFroofy made a pumpkin pie and a pecan pie to take with us.
  • Options
    Lisa50Lisa50 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Whoops!  I'm a day late ... FI made everything -- roast turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, etc. -- except cranberry sauce and gravy, which are my specialities.  It was the first time we had Thanksgiving dinner at my place -- we had it at his house in '06 thru '09.  We had a really wonderful evening with my parents and his best friend. 

I hope everyone had a happy Thanksgiving!
  • Options
    Marrin713Marrin713 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    A man who cooks ♥

We went to my best friend's house as well.  I made a corn pudding and what they call Watergate Salad.  I'm a big fan of 5 ingredients or less recipes!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I as well am a day late. Lisa, you've got such a good man to cook everything.

Thanksgiving at my place is a tradition with my family. We had his mom too!
    We were about 11 altogether. Mom and I made gma's recipe for stuffing ahead of time on Sunday and froze it. I thawed it out the day before and the hubby and I stuffed and baked the Turkey (20 lbs) on TGiving. I made a Greek Salad, because we have to have something Greek for every holiday. The rest of the family brought all the traditional sides.

What was really fun was I had just received my pro pics and my hubby brought home his projector from work and we showed a slide show of ALL (500) of  the wedding pics after dinner and some of our honeymoon pics too, it was a blast.
  • Options
    Lisa50Lisa50 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_second-weddings_happy-thanksgiving-whats-stove-oven?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:35Discussion:a0587f73-f1ca-44ea-af05-6ef145aa856dPost:deb3ca76-144a-4e66-afd4-7a7f39bc32c8">Re: Happy Thanksgiving - what's on the stove or in the oven?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I as well am a day late. Lisa, you've got such a good man to cook everything. Thanksgiving at my place is a tradition with my family. We had his mom too! We were about 11 altogether. Mom and I made gma's recipe for stuffing ahead of time on Sunday and froze it. I thawed it out the day before and the hubby and I stuffed and baked the Turkey (20 lbs) on TGiving. I made a Greek Salad, because we have to have something Greek for every holiday. The rest of the family brought all the traditional sides. <strong><font color="#993366">What was really fun was I had just received my pro pics and my hubby brought home his projector from work and we showed a slide show of ALL (500) of  the wedding pics after dinner and some of our honeymoon pics too, it was a blast.
    </font></strong>Posted by thealphabride[/QUOTE]

Oh my gosh!  Sharing those photos with the gang sounds like so much fun!  And yes, it <u>is</u> nice that FI cooks.  IN FACT, he's a control freak when cooking -- he didn't want any help.  None.  I just stood around, feeling guilty (for the first hour), and then settled onto the couch to do my very best impression of a slug.  Yup!  He's a keeper.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Retread - what's your corn pud recipe like?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    That's the same recipe I use Retread!  I love allrecipes.com
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards