Missouri-St Louis

Dance Lessons

Has anyone taken lessons for your first dance?  This is something I have wanted to do (being that me and my fiance both can't dance haha) but I don't even know where to look.  Any suggestions?   Also, if you've done it, what is the price range?

TIA
BabyFetus Ticker

Re: Dance Lessons

• edited December 2011
    We're taking lessons from George Denninger in St. Charles.  We're doing the private lessons and they're $50 for an hour.  If you google dance lessons in the st. louis area, there will be some that come up as well.
    2012 Races
    GO! St. Louis Half Marathon-2:32:13
    Omaha Half Marathon 9.23.12
  • edited December 2011
    We went to Just Dancing at Manchester and 141.  Great experience.  I think the lessons were either $50 or $55 an hour.  However, you could come into their studio and practice on your own as much as your needed - whenever they were open -- and they are open 7 days a week.
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks ladies, I will look into both of those.  The one on Manchester is nice and close for me because I live in Chesterfield and work in Ballwin.

How many classes did/will each of you take?
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    My husband was working out of town while we were planning our wedding.  So we fit a lesson in every time he was home. It was difficult since there was usually a 3 week break between each lesson. I think we took about 6-7 lessons, including throwing one in the week of our wedding.  Our instructor thought it was best to teach us how to dance vs. teaching us a "routine". Her thought was that if we got nervous or forgot the routine, we would freeze and not know what to do. Instead, she tought us how to dance to our first dance music - which was a Dean Martin song; so we learned the fox trot.  It was great fun.  I thought it was worth the money, because we had an opportunity to go dancing on our honeymoon.  We want to learn swing next.  By the way, it may not take you as many lessons if you are able to practice more in between each lesson.  Good Luck.
  • edited December 2011
    We've had two so far, but will probably take 4-6.  We try to practice once before we go back to our lesson, just to keep things fresh in our minds.
    2012 Races
    GO! St. Louis Half Marathon-2:32:13
    Omaha Half Marathon 9.23.12
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards