Second Weddings
Options

Show Us Your Shoes!

Several ladies graced us with lovely pictures of their gowns, but I'm curious about the shoes! 

Personally I have not decided on shoes just yet and am toying with moccasins (yes I know they don't scream formality but if they're white does it matter?), or satin low-heeled navy blue shoes. It's a toss-up between three pairs of shoes...

But back to the reason for this post...  Show us the shoes!!!

Re: Show Us Your Shoes!

• Options
    debi1941debi1941 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Here are my shoes and the bottoms.....I am pretty sure a lot of you have seen these, but I just love them.....Had to show them again !

• Options
    Sue-n-KevinSue-n-Kevin member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Here's mine. My fiance is not much taller than I am, we are getting married in August, and I wanted something that had lower heels, but was dressy and open. Also, I work at home, so not only are heels tough, but putting ANY shoe on is tough because I rarely wear them anymore. Usually the part of heels that bothers me is the part across the toes, but these don't hit me there. Got them on Amazon.com. They actually have pearls across the top, but hard to see in the pic :

• Options
    2dBride2dBride member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Mine:

However, the ones that got all the attention were NotFroofy's.  She wore 1980s vintage Stuart Weitzman raw silk and lace bridal boots, which she found nearly unused on eBay:

• Options
    cincychick35cincychick35 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My fiance is maybe a half inch taller than me so I tried to go with a small heel.

• Options
    Lisa50Lisa50 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sheesh, Angie ... I haven't found my shoes yet.  But I have a few candidates.  So many shoes, so little time ...

These are sitting in my closet, worn twice (to two weddings, coincidentally):

These are just too hot (from the back, at least) and I'd love to have them, but would need a ladder just to approach ... LOL!

These are tempting:

And this is one of the many Stuart Weitzman sandals for which I lust:

• Options
    kxhamiltonkxhamilton member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Angie,
    Your ruffled choice is what I chose for my shoes (in ivory for me). They are quite comfortable! I still need to do more walking in them though to break them in a little more.
  • Options
    coralee715coralee715 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    2d Bride - I would love to know more about your shoes.  I want to wear slippers.  I don't care that my fiance is a good foot taller than me!  (he is 6'7")

Cora
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    It's hard to tell in the photo, but these are a dark silver, with the blue stones (that match our color scheme).  I will only be wearing them for the reception, we are getting married barefoot on the beach. Cool

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
    181 image
    Invited to the Celebration of the Year
    109 Yes image
    50 Missing Out! image
    22 Not Responded Yet image
  • Options
    vmmomvmmom member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I am so crazy about my shoes.  I actually shopped longer for the shoes than my dress!  PS I also love, love, love notfoofie's boots!

• Options
    MikesAngieMikesAngie member
    Name Dropper 5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    kxhamilton - The ruffled shoes that we are talking about were my first choice, but the heel is a tad taller than I would like.  The height difference between my FI and me is 2".  And there were reviewer posts about size issues which scare me.

I need to go try on shoes.

My sweet FI says he has found all kinds of shoes on Amazon - but he's thinking white to match my dress and I am thinking navy blue (unless I do the moccasins, which he scruntched up his nose at today, I'm thinking he wants the formal wedding to do all across the board). Perhaps if I can find a pair of low-heeled white shoes that totally "rock my world" then I might consider them.

Ladies I am loving seeing your shoes!! 
  • Options
    kizzyringskizzyrings member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I chose to be comfortable and go with my style =) Plus, I wear a size 12 1/2 women's shoes...
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    2dBride2dBride member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_second-weddings_show-shoes?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:35Discussion:6c530fff-383d-4c7f-8033-e4c07dad5fa8Post:cdf384b0-2028-4a73-bc7a-43294b3bfc60">Re: Show Us Your Shoes!</a>:
    [QUOTE]2d Bride - I would love to know more about your shoes.  I want to wear slippers.  I don't care that my fiance is a good foot taller than me!  (he is 6'7") Cora
    Posted by coralee715[/QUOTE]My shoes were from <a href="http://stores.ebay.com/elinor44bridalsneakers" target="_blank">elinor44 on eBay</a>.  They were about $40, including the shipping.  They have just a bit of stretch in them, so they work for extra narrow feet like mine (11AAAA) or wide feet.  And they felt as comfortable as bedroom slippers, while still looking bridal.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My feet killed me the whole day and night. If you aren't used to wearing heals, don't. I had 2 little cousions in the shoes and it only made it worse. I kept taking them off, and putting back on. I wish I had worn the kitten heals. I actually had purchased 3 pairs of shoes, I will post pics later.
    What can I say, I love shoes!

DEBBI, LOVE LOVE LOVE the blue shoes~~~~
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I will definitely wear these for the reception. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    teacherbride7teacherbride7 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Grrrr, I cant seem to get my pic to upload.  I'll keep trying.
    But let me say, I LOOOOOVE shoes so this post is AMAZING.
    And also I am glad to hear that I'm not the only one not that much shorter than FH (in heels anyway).
  • Options
    teacherbride7teacherbride7 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Man I feel silly now, that was way too easy. 
    I have these shoes, or similar to them, $5 from WalMart (told ya I was a Budget Bride) However I do have some pink Chuck Taylors and love the idea of this kind of photo..maybe for a trash the dress session or something.  :O)

• Options
    coralee715coralee715 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you 2d bride!
  • Options
    Lisa50Lisa50 member
    edited December 2011
    I thought I was shoe-crazy (at one time, I definitely was), but I have never known/heard of this.  Take a look at this article from StyleMePretty.com ... this bride designed her wedding around a pair of shoes.  Amazing!

http://www.stylemepretty.com/2010/12/06/chic-modern-las-vegas-wedding-by-chelsea-nicole-photography/#comment-170903
  • Options
    handfast4mehandfast4me member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I wore sterling silver "barefoot sandals" for my beach wedding.  They're like jewelry for your feet:

imagewww.ladybead.com/contents/media/silver%20barefoot%20sandal.jpg" border="0" alt="" />
    image Don't mess with the old dogs; age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill! BS and brilliance only come with age and experience.
  • Options
    Lisa50Lisa50 member
    edited December 2011
    I just saw these.  They are not my  style, but quirky ...  Who doesn't want a pair of multi-colored, faux reptile sandals??  Ha!

BUT ... I have been known to do something like this, just for the hell of it.  Hmm ...
    hee hee hee.  Now, I'm giving myself ideas.  Uh oh, someone please save me from myself.  Please, please.

• Options
    edited December 2011

I wear converse and vans all the time so i wanted wedding shoes that reflected my personality... plus i am a total klutz so heels r kinda out of the question for me LOL   I love the movie Father of the Bride, and these remind me of her shoes :)

• Options
    Lisa50Lisa50 member
    edited December 2011
    Ahhhh ... I had quite the shoe lust moment today.  FI and I were walking through Nordstrom and bam!  I saw this pair of gorgeous shoes.

They cost twice as much as the dress (this is my trend, apparently -- same calculation for the dress and shoe costs from the first wedding ... LOL!).  Did I mention, the dress was THE BARGAIN of my life?? Anyhoo ... I may have to go back and just drool over these bad boys.  *sigh*  Oh, those are Swarovski crystals right above that peep toe ...
  • Options
    Lisa50Lisa50 member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_second-weddings_show-shoes?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:35Discussion:6c530fff-383d-4c7f-8033-e4c07dad5fa8Post:98da7122-9ff0-4d18-9b24-4cb664468f2e">Re: Show Us Your Shoes!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I will definitely wear these for the reception. 
    Posted by 91711owens[/QUOTE]

Oooh!  I saw these today when we were out.  I thought of your posting.  They look great in "real life!"  Good for you.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Awesome!!!  I think I should buy them already!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ok, I'm still learning how to post pictures on here, so I hope I didn't do this wrong.  These are my shoes and I absolutely love them!!!  I wanted them before I even found my dress, and they are my favorite color.  And my FI thinks they are so sexy, so extra bonus. LOL!  They did cost me an extra arm (as most Manolo Blahniks do), but it's so worth it for me.  And I will actually be able to wear them again.

• Options
    Lisa50Lisa50 member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_second-weddings_show-shoes?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:35Discussion:6c530fff-383d-4c7f-8033-e4c07dad5fa8Post:df82c446-f630-44b9-b248-22d61ddb9cd1">Re: Show Us Your Shoes!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Ok, I'm still learning how to post pictures on here, so I hope I didn't do this wrong.  These are my shoes and I absolutely love them!!!  I wanted them before I even found my dress, and they are my favorite color.  And my FI thinks they are so sexy, so extra bonus. LOL!  They did cost me an extra arm (as most Manolo Blahniks do), but it's so worth it for me.  And I will actually be able to wear them again.
    Posted by NZbride2011[/QUOTE]

Those are beautiful.  Enjoy!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_second-weddings_show-shoes?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:35Discussion:6c530fff-383d-4c7f-8033-e4c07dad5fa8Post:c7a390ec-1901-41b8-aa64-d70cbcf99335">Re: Show Us Your Shoes!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Show Us Your Shoes! : Those are beautiful.  Enjoy!
    Posted by Lisa50[/QUOTE]

Thank you!!!  Now I just need to break them in. Ouch!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards