Massachusetts-Cape Cod
Options

Venues not on the Knot site?

Can anyone mention some nice wedding venues on south shore or cape that don't make it onto the Knot website when I do a vendor search? I know there are others out there that aren't on this website, and I want to make sure I'm not missing anything good when trying to narrow down my list to check out.  Thanks!!

Re: Venues not on the Knot site?

• Options
    We got married at Shining Tides in Mattapoisett, which really isn't listed too many places.  The rental fee can be a bit high, but at least it is going to a good cause.
  • Options
    The Cape Cod Museum of Art in Dennis is probably not on the site, and it's a great place for a wedding. Very unique. Abby, the wedding coordinator, is great to work with.
  • Options
    Falmouth Yacht Club isn't on The Knot--it's got it's own beach just across the street for the ceremony and huge windows for a full view of the Sound and the harbor. Very reasonably priced and very chill to work with. Wedding is May 10th-I can let you know how it goes then!

Congratulations!

• Options
    Falmouth Yacht Club isn't on The Knot--it's got it's own beach just across the street for the ceremony and huge windows for a full view of the Sound and the harbor. Very reasonably priced and very chill to work with. Wedding is May 10th-I can let you know how it goes then!

Congratulations!

• Options
    25thann25thann member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited February 2013
    It's very expensive for a vendor to be listed on this site, so if they choose to have their business listed, the cost will be passed off to the people who use them.  It's the same with wedding magazines, every vendor in each issue has paid a pretty penny for their ad in there
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_massachusetts-cape-cod_venues-not-on-the-knot-site?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:94Discussion:a95f1487-4f75-4fde-99c1-1629118fd2acPost:95f7d545-d6d9-45fa-8f89-b93a41b713ed">Re: Venues not on the Knot site?</a>:
    [QUOTE]It's very expensive for a vendor to be listed on this site, so if they choose to have their business listed, the cost will be passed off to the people who use them.  It's the same with wedding magazines, every vendor in each issue has paid a pretty penny for their ad in there
    Posted by 25thann[/QUOTE]

<div>I didn't find that at all. Several of the places I looked at were on this site, and most worked within my very strict budget. I can't say enough about the people I spoke and met with, even if I didn't choose their venue. My venue is on this site, and it was worth every penny. I don't feel like I was upsold or had advertising costs passed on to me at all.</div>
  • Options
    The Overbrook House in Buzzards Bay.  Coonamessett Farm in Falmouth.
  • Options
    We got married at the Flying Bridge in Falmouth. Absolutely loved them! It's right on falmouth harbor and has a wrap around porch that has a view of the harbor. And it's surprisingly very reasonably priced.
  • Options
    There are several venues on http://www.weddingsoncapecod.com which are not listed on the Knot.
  • Options
    There are so many great wedding resources for the Massachusetts area and I found an awesome list of venus here on http://www.lgbtmassvacation.com/marriage/resources/. Especially towards the South Shore and Cape region, the locations are absolutely beautiful whether they be on the ocean or not! There are plenty of directories and lists of places to hold your memomorable day, that I'm sure you'll pick the perfect one, good luck!
  • Options

We are getting married at East Bay Grille in Plymouth.  On the water and very reasonable.  Kelsey the catering manager has been amazing to work with.  East Bay also does weddings at Pine Hills.

June 2013 * March Siggy Challenge * Shoes
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards