Canada-Vancouver

Destination Wedding - choosing the right location

We are looking to have a destination wedding this April and are thinking of Mexico - sun, sand beach, good food and hopefully not a mega resort.

We have looked mostly at the Mayan Riviera for its beautiful water and beaches, but are totally open. My ideal would be to rent a villa/house (4-6 bedrooms) in an area where there are resorts nearby for guest who opt for all inclusive. I'm not at all against the idea of having the wedding at a resort, but all the ones I'm seeing are monstrous and the idea of being wedding #4 of the day at a huge resort doesn't feel right for such a big/personal day.

Any destination suggestions that offer a more intimate boutique resort feel in an amazing setting.

- We would love to return to our favourite travel spots...Vietnam, Peru, Thailand etc. but it is just too far for our guests....

Thank you

Re: Destination Wedding - choosing the right location

• edited December 2011
    Mexico probably is the cheapest for a destination wedding. If you are trying to do the legal stuff there (not before you go), you might have to do it at resort as they will be able to handle candian paperwork. Im guessing that unless you go scope the area out ahead of time or know people in the area, a resort is probably your best bet.

May 2012 July Siggy: Favorite Vacation Spot Kaleden, BC
    July Fave Vacation Spot photo IMG_0268-1.jpg

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    My Blog:Through My Eyes

• We're doing our wedding May 2012 at the Azul Sensatori, it's a gourmet all inclusive in the Mayan Riviera! The Karisma Resorts are gourmet and there are adults only as well as all ages options. While I like your idea for renting a villa/house (and there are certainly some gorgeous homes in the area) I really liked the idea of the set-up being taken care of by the wedding coordinator, not to mention being waited on hand and foot by the 24hr butler. I guess we just wanted to be totally pampered during that time instead of cooking/cleaning, etc so that is why we chose an all-inclusive. Also, to play devil's advocate, while it may not seem ideal to be "wedding number 4 of the day", the upside is that they do it all the time so they're efficient and organized :-)  Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards