Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth

New Years Resolutions

Tis the season. I hadn't seen a thread on this yet, so I figured I'd start one to see what resolutions (if any) you all may have.

Mine are to keep our apartment organized and clean (I went overboard in the storage department at the store last night) and to stay motivated with my diet & exercise so that I can try on dresses with confidence this spring.

And go!
~DFWs Resident Snark~
I'm not so good with the advice... Can I interest you in a sarcastic comment?

Re: New Years Resolutions

• edited December 2011
    Mine is to stop eating when I'm not hungry. It is a horrible habit of mine and I would be a lot thinner if I could stop that. Also to learn Spanish, save money and not get annoyed so easily.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Photobucket
    "The things I've done, the places I've been, just don't compare to the love I'm in, it beats all I've ever seen."
  • MLandCJMLandCJ member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I want to lose about 30 pounds...lol...we will see how this goes...

Stay more organized too!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    Court, check out myfitnesspal.com for tracking, etc. I lost easily when I kept up with my food on there.
    ~DFWs Resident Snark~
    I'm not so good with the advice... Can I interest you in a sarcastic comment?
  • edited December 2011
    I have crazy amounts of goals and then subgoals within those just so I have little checks along the way too.  I will just list some of my main ones.

Get to a healthy weight and maintain
    Run a 5k in sub 30min and run a 10k no time goal just finish it
    Do more yoga and work on other ways to control my massive amounts of anxiety without medication
    Start going to college probably not until after the wedding but I need to get going on it at this rate sadly I will not have a BA until I am 31 or 32 :(
    Possibly study for and get certified as a pharmacy technician (not a big deal but will help me if I move forward in this field)
    Work on creating a budget and actually sticking to it
    Have a wonderful wedding that I dont stress about too much and have very few if any regrets about it

• fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I want to get back in the gym like I used to--not just going through the motions but adding back in my weight training in addition to my cardio workouts and walking more.  And I want to eat healthier--I want to learn to pass up crap I don't need, stop snacking, stop eating when I'm full and just overall improve my diet.
  • cfibelkorncfibelkorn member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_new-years-resolutions?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:78f26ccc-e97f-4d98-adfd-164ea825a2f3Post:b3819898-5126-4259-8b35-ca96c9e12ea8">Re: New Years Resolutions</a>:
    [QUOTE]I want to get back in the gym like I used to--not just going through the motions but adding back in my weight training in addition to my cardio workouts and walking more.  And I want to eat healthier--I want to learn to pass up crap I don't need, stop snacking, stop eating when I'm full and just overall improve my diet.
    Posted by stephiehall[/QUOTE]

Stephie I saw your husband at the gym AGAIN last night hahaha

You should go at night when he goes and you and I could be gym buddies :) I go Mon, Tues, Thurs and Fri from about 5:30 to 6:30/7:00

I don't have any particular goals for the new year. Throught the year I think I notice things that I could improve on in my life and make the change then...so I am constanting setting small goals to acheive everyday :)
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_new-years-resolutions?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:78f26ccc-e97f-4d98-adfd-164ea825a2f3Post:13d51939-ed7a-491e-b686-dfa8fdce9585">Re: New Years Resolutions</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: New Years Resolutions : Stephie I saw your husband at the gym AGAIN last night hahaha You should go at night when he goes and you and I could be gym buddies :) I go Mon, Tues, Thurs and Fri from about 5:30 to 6:30/7:00 I don't have any particular goals for the new year. <strong>Throught the year I think I notice things that I could improve on in my life and make the change then...so I am constanting setting small goals to acheive everyday :)
    </strong>Posted by cfibelkorn[/QUOTE]

THIS.   I don't make resolutions because 99% of the time the momentum runs out in in 2-3 months.   I set short term goals and hold myself accountable.

That being said, my current initiatives are buying a home and going to Body Pump classes 3x per week (in addition to regular cardio) for full body toning.   So far, so good.
  • bigbabyfacebigbabyface member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I need to find the motivation to get back in the gym, i lost it when i went on bed rest....and i haven't found it since.

I want to get back to the FI, me and our two dogs spending more time together, it's hard to take them places in the winter, but I think we're all four going stir crazy.

I want to stay the same weight i'm at now, held it for the past 3 months, hoping to keep it that way, i get sick less easily---which is another goal of mine; to stay healthy!

Last but not least, i want to try and let things not bother me so much...i don't think my body can take the amount of stress i put on it.
  • MLandCJMLandCJ member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_new-years-resolutions?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:78f26ccc-e97f-4d98-adfd-164ea825a2f3Post:a652a8ea-7c8d-4f23-ade1-ddd1eea2d7d9">Re: New Years Resolutions</a>:
    [QUOTE]Court, check out myfitnesspal.com for tracking, etc. I lost easily when I kept up with my food on there.
    Posted by FebDallasBride[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the tip! I will try that for sure :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_new-years-resolutions?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:78f26ccc-e97f-4d98-adfd-164ea825a2f3Post:13d51939-ed7a-491e-b686-dfa8fdce9585">Re: New Years Resolutions</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: New Years Resolutions : Stephie I saw your husband at the gym AGAIN last night hahaha You should go at night when he goes and you and I could be gym buddies :) I go Mon, Tues, Thurs and Fri from about 5:30 to 6:30/7:00 I don't have any particular goals for the new year. Throught the year I think I notice things that I could improve on in my life and make the change then...so I am constanting setting small goals to acheive everyday :)
    Posted by cfibelkorn[/QUOTE]

Hee, he tried to get me to go with him last night.  He usually works out in Frisco with his buddy on Monday but skipped it since I was home.  I work 10-7 so I work out in the morning.  I used to work out at night but I can't do it anymore--I am just too tired at the end of the day.  That's what happens when you're over 40.  It gets harder and harder, let me tell ya.
  • edited December 2011
    It's not so much a resolution, but I really want to be healthier.  I want to eat healthier, work out more.  I think it would make me feel better.
  • bigbabyfacebigbabyface member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Lacey i know how you feel. My goal in the back of my head for the past two years has been to eat healthier and stop eating when i'm full, i've been doing better, but there's still some work to be done.

I was underweight for a while, when i got put on bed rest though i gained a little weight and it made it to where i'm not as sick as often, so i'm trying to stay at the weight i'm at, which is harder than it sounds. lol.
  • BanannaPBanannaP member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm the same, I don't like to call my goals "resolutions," it's just that the New Year, post-holiday time is really great for evaluating and setting new goals. I just really want to get back to my old routine. Between the wedding and all of the events and family visits that go with it, nearly three weeks on our HM and then the holiday season, my routine has been derailed for a good 2 1/2-3 months. My only "new" fitness thing is that I really need to incorporate strength training, it's been almost a year since I've had a decent strength training program going.

I also want to find a full time job, move into our own place again, take a vacation and get pregnant. Oh, and buy a new car. A girl can dream, right? ;)
  • edited December 2011
    My number one resolution is to find a job out of retail!

My other resolutions will be to start lent early! I'm getting serious-no soda, no fast food, no benge eating. Green Tea and water only to drink. Plus walk on my days off...I've been slacking!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards