Catholic Weddings
Options

Can you help me with Catholic Program

Hello Ladies,

I have posted several times before. My FI converted for me last Easter and we are getting married 175 days.  My deacon, who is very kind, but pretty vague when it comes to the more wedding-gy parts of the wedding. I asked about music and he said the traditional composer thing, and timing of a a full mass, and he said it will only be 45 minutes (I timed mass and a full mass and its an hour. Don't the marriage rites and candle ceremony add more time?). 

I think he wants to go through all this after pre-cana, but I want to get a head start.

If you had a full mass, how long was the ceremony? Does anyone have a program they can share with me? Can someone explain the unity candle thing? Basically, somone tell me everything that goes into a catholic wedding ceremony.  I have never been to one!

Thanks,
Christine

Re: Can you help me with Catholic Program

• Options
    If you had a full mass, how long was the ceremony? I think our ceremony was right at 50 minutes, and that was without unity candle or presentation to Mary.  I honestly have no idea.

Does anyone have a program they can share with me? Riss made a website with lots of info for Catholic brides, including program templates, and you can find the link in the sticky at the top of the page.  Alternatively, you could go to www.catholicweddinghelp.com and look up ceremony programs there.

Can someone explain the unity candle thing? The unity candle is not part of Catholic tradition.  It was actually invented for a soap opera wedding.  If your church allows it (some don't), I think you'll light it after the blessing of the marriage, but it could vary from parish to parish.

Basically, somone tell me everything that goes into a catholic wedding ceremony.  I have never been to one! I think the website I referenced above would be your best bet.  Your wedding will basically look like a regular Sunday mass, except after the homily, you will exchange vows and rings.  Then you move to Communion.  Then there will be the nuptial blessing, you'll be introduced as husband and wife, and you kiss.

Hope that helps!

Anniversary

• Options
    Thank you so much!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards