New York-New York City
Options

Headpiece/Veil shopping!

Hi Ladies!

So today me and my mom are going shopping for my veil and headpiece! I'm soo excited!! Below is a picture of the hairstyle I want for the wedding. I had this style done for my friends wedding and I loved it! I'm not too sure on what type of head piece I would get with this hair style. What do you think would look best? I was thinking more of a comb.

Re: Headpiece/Veil shopping!

• Options
    LissyM83LissyM83 member
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Comment
    edited February 2012
    I think either would look nice but it's a matter of seeing both styles on you & deciding what you like the best. Bring the picture with you & since you're in Brooklyn, definitely check out Bridal Styles. They'll fix your hair similar to what you want it to look like & you can try on headpieces, clips, veils all day.
    September 2012 Siggy Challenge: Favorite Thing about October-Yankees Playoffs! image
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I went to Bridal Styles and they were AMAZING! The guy which I think is the one who makes everything was so nice. I showed him a picture of the dress and how I'm doing my hair and pinned my hair back to give me and idea how the head pieces would look. I tried on a few combs and two head band and I felt the head band looked so much nicer than the comb so I ordered the head band!! It was so exciting trying on the different veils and head pieces! Lol!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-york-new-york-city_headpieceveil-shopping?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:114Discussion:05accfab-b9d3-4f97-83e8-6cee04203eccPost:c920f4d5-cbc6-4f38-8796-9ace01d9254c">Re: Headpiece/Veil shopping!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I went to Bridal Styles and they were AMAZING! The guy which I think is the one who makes everything was so nice. I showed him a picture of the dress and how I'm doing my hair and pinned my hair back to give me and idea how the head pieces would look. I tried on a few combs and two head band and I felt the head band looked so much nicer than the comb so I ordered the head band!! It was so exciting trying on the different veils and head pieces! Lol!
    Posted by ujocdeelovely[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>you probably worked with Edward (middle-aged man)... he's awesome! I found my headband there too - still need to order the veil. I thought his prices were extremely reasonable though. I tried on similar things at Kleinfelds (which is where I purchased my dress) and the prices were astronomical compared to Bridal Styles. </div>
    September 2012 Siggy Challenge: Favorite Thing about October-Yankees Playoffs! image
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Yes! That was him. I didn't order my veil yet either since they need a sample of the color of the dress. Their prices were really good. I also went to Kleinfelds for my dress. While i was there i tried on veils and head pieces and they wanted $900 for a comb! I can get my veil and head piece for more than half the price!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-york-new-york-city_headpieceveil-shopping?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:114Discussion:05accfab-b9d3-4f97-83e8-6cee04203eccPost:fab20936-2e28-472f-8783-f638bbf8a7b1">Re: Headpiece/Veil shopping!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Yes! That was him. I didn't order my veil yet either since they need a sample of the color of the dress. Their prices were really good. I also went to Kleinfelds for my dress. While i was there i tried on veils and head pieces and they wanted $900 for a comb! I can get my veil and head piece for more than half the price!
    Posted by ujocdeelovely[/QUOTE]

<div>Yup, it's ridiculous how much they charge & for $900, it's not even that nice compared to what you could get at Bridal Styles for that price.</div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards