Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

New to this board, RSVP question.

I recently sent out invites for my wedding. I was in nursing school last year, it was a small class (10) so I invited them. One of the girls RSVP'd herself and 4 out her 5 children. I wouldn't have a problem with this if they were small children who would require a babysitter....but they're all teenagers. My reception hall can only hold 150 people and we're already close to the limit! The invite was only addressed to her (she's single, or I would've included a spouse or SO). Should I address this to her? How can I do this in the most polite manner possible? TIA!
09/12- Dx PCOS; currently taking Metformin 1500mg.
10/12-Married my best friend
Photobucket
Anniversary

Re: New to this board, RSVP question.

• Options
    LeiselEBLeiselEB member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    edited August 2012
    You can definitely address this with her. 

Just give her a call and say "I'm so sorry for the confusion, but the invitation was only meant for you. I hope you can still make it!"

I might allow her to bring a guest, though, but that's your call if she's truly single. 
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_new-to-this-board-rsvp-question?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:7b8033a7-ac55-4cf0-8c90-05c33804df3fPost:43eca582-5d91-47af-a13a-628fa376276c">Re: New to this board, RSVP question.</a>:
    [QUOTE]You can definitely address this with her.  <strong>Just give her a call and say "I'm so sorry for the confusion, but the invitation was only meant for you. I hope you can still make it!"</strong> I might allow her to bring a guest, though, but that's your call if she's truly single. 
    Posted by LeiselEB[/QUOTE]

Exactly what I bolded in Leisel's post. If you want to give her a plus one, go for it. If she is truely single you aren't required to. Any of our guests that are truely single (no boyfriend/girlfriend, spouse...) are not getting a plus 1, we don't have the funds or space to have everyone bringing a friend.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker May 2013 Brides Siggy Challenge: Cake image
  • Options
    Liesel's wording is perfect.  If she tells you she can't leave the kids at home for whatever reason, just tell her you are sorry to hear that and she'll be missed but you look forward to seeing her "some other time".
  • Options
    How rude of her. As though adding 1 person weren't bad enough I can't even imagine having the balls to self invite 4 people. Who does that? Definitely talk to her and clear up her "misunderstanding"
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I agree with PPs. Definitely address this with her. The invite was addressed only to her.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards