Wedding Customs & Traditions Forum

1st Dance Song

Any Suggestions for a country song that would be good for a first dance. I know we want something that is more recent as opposed to older country songs.

The obvious song choices don't seem to be for us I'm thinking maybe there is something that we haven't heard on the radio that would be a good song. I really like some of Chris Young's soungs but not 100% that that is what we want. Any suggestions? Thanks!

Re: 1st Dance Song

• We are using "You Had Me at Hello" by Kenny Chesney. This is so perfect for us because we literally met, said hello, and haven't left each other since.

There's also the one by Tim McGraw and Faith Hill - It's Your Love... that's a good one.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Few suggestions (and I'm sorry, they are ALL Keith Urban... But I love him and think he has great songs for weddings!) I also included when the songs were released so you know how recent they are...

Your Everything - 1999
    Making Memories of Us - 2004
    You're My Better Half - 2005
    Once in a Lifetime - 2006
    Only You Can Love Me This Way - 2009

Hope that helps :)
  • Lady A - When you got a good thing
    Kip Moore - Hey pretty girl
  • JimianJimian member
    First Comment
    I love love love Brad Paisley's love songs. They make me cry when I hear them. Unfortunately, my fiance isn't a fan of country, but I'll these are my fave songs of his.

1) She's Everything
    2) Then
    3) Waiting on a Woman (this is what I wanted us to have for our first dance, since he always teases me that I take so long to get ready and he's always waiting for me)
    4) It did
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • klboasklboas member
    First Comment
    We're going with God Gave Me You by Blake Shelton
  • We're using Bless the Broken Road by RascalFlatts  but we considered Cross my heart by George Strait also. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Lost in the Moment by Big & RIch is also a nice option.
  • i am considering using This Kind of Love by Siser Hazel.
  • I've chosen "wanted" by Hunter Hayes

Another great song by Big & Rich is "Lost in the Moment"
    Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards