June 2013 Weddings

Wedding Wednesday

How's it going ladies?
                                                                              Follow Me on Pinterest

Re: Wedding Wednesday

• cnf2013cnf2013 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited November 2012
    I don't think I accomplished much. We're kind of on hiatus until after his cousin's wedding in two weeks. 

I accidentally sent my payment for my boudoir shoot to the photographers studio instead of her home. It was a bit cofusing talking to her, and I sent her a second check, but she let me know the first showed up too. So I told her to just cash them both since I'm on a four payments plan for paying it off. So once she cashes them both this week that'll be 50% paid for. 

The only thing we kind of did look at some wedding rings. The stock size rings in stores for men is a 10 and FI needs a 12, so he can't try anything on, which drives him nuts. He finally admitted he still wants a meteorite ring too. For a while he was talking himself out of it, but looking at chain jewelers rings reconfirmed his decision. Myself on the other is a frustrating situation. I originally was planning on moving my engagement ring to my right hand and just wearing a flashy wedding ring, but I don't think I want to do that anymore. I'm not much of a ring person and I know I'll end up not wearing e-ring, which makes me sad. And just wearing a small sparkly ring on my finger alone makes me think of promise rings which is what 16 year olds give each other. I really want to wear both rings together, but my e-ring is such a monster literally nothing fits next to it. I neearly cried in the store I was so frustrated. FI suggested using the whole thing as both, but I don't want that. I've been wearing it this whole time and it's the ring he gave me to show his love to me and ask me to marry him. I really want a new ring that we pick out together to symbolize our love and our marriage. He also suggested having the gaurd taken off. I hate the thought of dismantling his grandmother ring, but it's really important to me to have a wedding ring and I'm pretty sure that's going to end up being the only solution. I guess his mom had offered to remove it before he gave it me but he wanted it stay as is. Honestly though, I don't know. Whatever we end up doing though I just hope I don't end up crying or hurting his feelings. 

Pheeewwwww, that got long, sorry. 
                                                                                  Follow Me on Pinterest
  • I actually got some stuff done this past week, for a switch.

We picked out our invitation design. I finally found one I can live with, and the Etsy seller who designs it responded within minutes when I sent her a message with a few questions. We plan to order them after the holidays.

I also ordered part of my bridesmaids' gifts (whoo-hoo, cyber Monday deals!!). I'm pretty relieved to get the ball rolling on that.

Lastly, I found a girl on my local board who is selling the same frames I was planning to use for our table numbers, so I'm meeting her on Saturday to buy them off of her. I still need to pick up a couple more from Ikea (she's selling 20, I think I need 24), but I'll still end up saving $10 or so.

All little checks, but at this point, I'm just trying to maintain momentum. I'm a little bit over this whole wedding planning thing right now; I'm ready for June.
  • Work has been interfering with my planning lately ; so I haven't gotten much done. FI made some great progress on the belt buckles and cuff links for the GM and his BM came in town so we were able to get his measurements for the kilt he'll be wearing. I've been addressing STDs and getting those ready to send. I decided to go ahead and have a custom address stamp made for us to use. I wanted something different than anything I'd seen so I designed it myself and had a seller on Etsy make it. It came out better than I hoped! Hmmmm, I should post that on the FB group so everyone can see it : FMIL found a fabulous deal on some bridal satin for my dress. She ended up saving around 100 which we were both thrilled about. Spending the money on the material for the dress got me fired up about having it made and now I can't wait for the end of December when FMIL will start sewing it!!!! Other than that not much else got done. I did get an email from the woman making my veil to let me know all it needed was the finishing touches and she would be shipping it to me within the next two weeks. She sent me pictures and I am SO excited to see the finished veil!!!!!
    June 2013 Sig Challenge - Shoes

Planning Bio

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We got our BM dresses!!!!! I was able to get all 6 of my girls to the store, so they all got measured and ordered their dresses. Yay. They should be in about 3 months. They are Bill levkoff and we got about 15 off on them. I had wanted something with bling on it, and this one is really plain, but all the girl loved it and felt really comfortable in it. So we went with it, and we will dress it up with a sparkle brooch and necklass. I'm just glad we got it done and it only took one stop to one place. And that everyone likes it.
    Honeymoon Destination - Hawaii image
  • Oh and I forgot to mention that on Sunday FI and I visited our venue to drop off a payment and to see the damage after hurricane Sandy. It was pretty sad and scary to see, but they were very open about it. They welcomed us in and let us look around, like they wwrent hiding anything. They still have no power, and the carpets haven't been ripped out yet so the water was starting to smell. But there were workers there working hard and they think they'll be done by Jan or Feb. Hopefully no massive snow storms will derail the construction.
    Honeymoon Destination - Hawaii image
  • I'm meeting with my Rabbi in a of couple hours :) 

Last week's big payment to the venue is finally off our plate, thanks goodness. We are now paid 50%. 

Also, our chat with FI's parents about the band(s) went great! They love our ideas and are fine with the quotes. They agreed to pay 100% of the cost for the entertainment! I'm so relived and excited. Now I'm in the process of contacting the two groups I like to see what I can arrange. I'm really hoping to have them both on board, but I must choose just one then that's okay too.

Anniversary
  • Got a couple things done this week.  On Thanksgiving I asked my cousin's wife if I could borrow her vail, so now I have my vail and my something borrowed!  We also started our registry at BB&B, which was far less  overwhelming then Macy's.  We got a couple things for the bathroom baskets at Christmas Tree Shop.
    Today, I am mailing our 2nd deposit for our venue.  I also asked to schedule a tasting for January.
    Not sure what's next.  We can't do invitations until we decide on the meal choices.  FI has a tux appointment mid-January.
    Very excited to reach the 7 month mark tomorrow!!!  Laughing
  • I'm kind of stalled as well - my girls and I went on one bridesmaid dress shopping trip and found one ok dress. I have to set up appointments at some other locations so we can get something picked out but they all have opposite schedules so it is nearly impossible to get everyone together.

We scheduled our tasting for first week in Feb and we'll do all our other vendor meetings then too (since we are doing a destination/ almost-all-inclusive package)

I _think_ I have picked out colors. maybe. I have gone through and made a favorites list for invitations (we already sent out STDs since it is destination) and just have to get FI to look at them and give his input.

We haven't even begun to think about gifts for our wedding parties, still have to look into hotel blocks, transportation, centerpieces and all that stuff.
  • I actually have accomplished a lot recently. We are now under the 200 days mark which is pretty exciting. I made a reception payment, booked my baker and picked our design, and I found an officiant. Tonight I am addressing my STDs and hopefully the stamps I ordered will be here this week so I can mail them out
    June 2013 Sig - Shoes
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • My mom just moved today. :( So bummer with that. But because of that we've been wedding planning like crazy. In the last month I think I've picked out centerpieces, figured out a basic cake idea, made the BM bouqets, ordered invations (WOO for black Friday deals 60% off), and told my girls to order their dresses by the end of December.

Now I just need to start putting all my DIY projects together like centerpieces, programs, and decorations. OHHHH also, I really need to find an officiant!!!!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • wow you guys are on it!  I ordered our save the dates on Sunday night, not expecting them until later next week, but got notifiation yesterday that they will be delivered on Thursday so I am excited for that-- now I know what I will be doing this weekend!  There is so much I need to do, but am pushing off stuff until after the holidays since there is a big bridal faire in our area, so I want to meet more people before I make vendors official.  I am so indecicive with everything!!  My FSIL (one of my bridesmaids) and I did some bridesmaid dress shopping/looking over Thanksgiving and we found some contenders-- of course I have another FSIL who is going to make things difficult I can tell, but I guess 4 out of 5 who are flexible will hopefully not stress me out too much.  I knew going into this the one FSIL would be difficult, so now that her comments are starting I'm just not discussing anything wedding related with her.  Happy almost 6 months!!  

Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards