Ohio-Cincinnati

Art Museum sound quality / Joe Griffin DJ?

I am a bit worried about how the music is going to sound at our reception in the great hall of the Cincinnati Art Museum. The ceilings are soooo high and there aren't really walls. So my questions are these:

If you have been to a wedding or event there did the music sound as bad as I'm afraid it will?

Art Museum recommended Joe Griffin because I guess he has "special" equipment that will help. Has anyone seen or had him as a DJ?

Re: Art Museum sound quality / Joe Griffin DJ?

• I think an experienced DJ would know how to deal with the surroundings like the art museum.

We went with Party Pleasers (Jeff Clarke was our DJ), they're very popular in this area and they did perfect.  We didn't have a ceiling like you will, but with them having done events at the art museum, I'm sure it won't be a problem for them.

Follow Me on Pinterest

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I second the above Party Pleasers is great, but I've worked with Doug in previous events. Any experienced DJ will be able to tell you whether or not there were any foreseable issues. Maybe ask the DJs that you are reviewing whether or not they have examples of spaces that they have worked in that are similar to this space and how the sounds was. There are several artsy venues in Cincinnati that are similar to this - high ceilings, no major walls...the Contemporary Art Center, Music Hall ballroom to name a few. I know they do weddings/receptions frequently in both and brides have to run into similar concerns. So while they may not have done a reception in your specific venue, I'm sure they could ease your worries with a similar venue setup example.
  • We are using Joe Griffin, and are very happy to have hired him as our DJ. I can't speak for other vendors, but we found that choosing a DJ who has worked at your reception venue in the past is invaluable. Good luck!
  • Ok well I have had Joe Griffin, and he did a great job. My reception wasn't at the Art Museum, but I know that he does have the equipment to make a huge space like that work. Stick with Joe.
    Anniversary
  • Awesome, thanks!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards