New York-Hudson Valley
Options

Catering Costs in the H.V.?

Another question for you girls who went down the catering route for your wedding:

How much did you spend?  I'll probably have ~100 guests and I'm trying to figure out how much I should expect to spend.

Also, any recommendations on good caterers?

Re: Catering Costs in the H.V.?

• Options
    yoko2011yoko2011 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I think a lot of it will depend on what you want to serve. When I was looking at caterers, I got quotes for about 40 - 50 pp before booze. That included apps, a fancier meal and sides. Some included staff, some didn't. I checked a few halls but they specified the caterer which was about 50 - 60 pp before booze, which is how I ended up just going to a traditional venue. What part of HV are you planning to have your ceremony in and serve? that may help us give you a better answer.

Some restaurants do outside catering which, depending on what you want to serve may be more cost-effective than traditional caterers. 

I was focused on the Orange County (Greenwood Lake, Warwick, Middletown Area) so if you're in this area let me know and I'll be happy to send stuff from my crazy excel sheet.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Right now I think I will pick a venue in Dutchess County with about 100 guests.  I would like to have appetizers and a sit down dinner and would probably like to include the alcohol with the catering price.

Thanks for the help!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards