Wedding Etiquette Forum

Bizarre Foods...

Does anyone watch this show?

It totally grosses me out, but I love to watch it!

He's eating raccoon right now ICK

Hope everyone had a great weekend :)

So what's the weirdest thing you've ever eaten?  I guess ostrich would be the most exotic thing I've eaten...  I'm not to adventurous with food.

Re: Bizarre Foods...

• Hmm, I think Quail was the craziest thing I've eaten and it was delicious!
  • That show makes me nauseous.  I can not watch it.  FI watches it and I leave the room.  I've got some food issues though ;)  
    I have never really eaten anything strange.  I'm a bland food kinda gal.  
    Photobucket
  • edited June 2010
    They were giving away seasoned grasshoppers at Grand Central in NYC to promote the show, and I just couldn't do it...
  • Oh lord.  Gross.  
    We have food catered in to my work everyday, and we rotate depts for who has to clean up.  When it's my depts turn, I hate it.  I literally gag cleaning those pans out.  Even if it's not a food I find gross, I have a problem cleaning up other peoples food.  My own kitchen:  no problem.  Anywhere else:  ick.  I even get grossed out when we're at a restaurant and the server grabs a plate off the table and gets their hand in leftover food.  
    Photobucket
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_bizarre-foods?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:e3341d54-9e6a-41f1-8d06-5e18fc6486b7Post:a175f53a-33be-4afc-86b6-245c13528a6a">Re: Bizarre Foods...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Oh lord.  Gross.   We have food catered in to my work everyday, and we rotate depts for who has to clean up.  When it's my depts turn, I hate it.  I literally gag cleaning those pans out.  Even if it's not a food I find gross, I have a problem cleaning up other peoples food.  My own kitchen:  no problem.  Anywhere else:  ick.  I even get grossed out when we're at a restaurant and the server grabs a plate off the table and gets their hand in leftover food.  
    Posted by kellyjellybelly[/QUOTE]

<div>Haha I see why you hate the show then.</div>
  • Yes, I am very content watching the Blackhawks right now :)
    Photobucket
  • I can't watch that show. It grosses me out. Even the commercials for it are hard to watch.

Anniversary [center]My Chart[/center] Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Glad I'm not the only one!  FI keeps turning it on between periods of the Hawks game.  I'd much rather watch commercials.  
    Photobucket
  • alixzafirisalixzafiris member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited June 2010
    Ostrich is delicious, and so much healthier than beef is.

I've eaten a lot of what I guess in North America are "strange" foods, but the strangest I think is going to be crocodile. Just because it had the weirdest ever aftertaste that would.not.go.away.
  • Yeah, I'm all good with eating grilled cheese everyday.  :)
    Photobucket
  • Alligator and squid are the two oddest things that I have ever eaten.  I too am a bland food sort of person.
    1st pic of us together. Apparently I thought something was funny.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    ~Holly and Jeff~
    image 232 Made the cut! image 96 Ready to party!
    image 44 Have better things to do!
    image 92 Are going to cause me to have a stroke!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_bizarre-foods?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:e3341d54-9e6a-41f1-8d06-5e18fc6486b7Post:e06b5d7b-ba87-4dc4-b6b8-d364daedcc7a">Re: Bizarre Foods...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Ostrich is delicious, and so much healthier than beef is. I've eaten a lot of what I guess in North America are " strange " foods, but the strangest I think is going to be crocodile. Just because it had the weirdest ever aftertaste that would.not.go.away.
    <p>Posted by alixzafiris[/QUOTE]</p><p> </p><p>I had crocodile once before too and found the after-taste just repulsive. </p><p>On the same day I also tried a bunch of other meats (it was some bizarreo 'aussie tasting plate' that we ordered randomly) but the croc was the worst.</p>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_bizarre-foods?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:e3341d54-9e6a-41f1-8d06-5e18fc6486b7Post:944761cc-8cb8-4b1d-95f1-ae9d06c1fb08">Re: Bizarre Foods...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Alligator and squid are the two oddest things that I have ever eaten.
    Posted by hd7694[/QUOTE]
    <p> </p><p>Squid is odd?</p>
  • I ate rabbit while I was in Italy, accidentally.  It wasn't bad, just a bit gamey.
  • Phesant, Alligator, crocidile, squid, venison, rabbit, kangaroo, ... I dont really know... I am really willing to try almost anything, but I wont eat organ meat!
    Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards