Wedding Cakes & Food Forum

Brunch Vs. Lunch

We are getting married at a beautiful Scottish mansion. Our ceremony will be starting at 10-10:30am with food being served at 11:30. We are stumped on if we should serve a lunch menu or a brunch menu. The luch menu would be pork/stroganoff/veg cavatappi...basicly a dinner menu in smaller portions with lighter sides.

Is 11:30 too early for what would be our luch menu? Would people expect a brunch at that time?

Re: Brunch Vs. Lunch

• UDscoobychickUDscoobychick member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It might be a touch early for lunch.  But, I hate breakfast food...so I'd definitely vote lunch!  I'm sure either way, your guests won't be disappointed.
  • LasairionaLasairiona member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    11:30 is when every restaurant everywhere is already started serving lunch. If it's too early, then millions of people are wrong everyday and don't have any clue. On the same token, alot of breakfasts serve breakfast all day. What you are calling brunch does not appear to include any lunch items, hence the term brunch which is breakfast plus lunch. Either option is fine but the brunch selections may be more appealing, especially to non-adventurous eaters which a large number of people fall into. No matter what you choose, there will be someone who doesn't agree with your choices or logic at all. However, 11:30am worldwide is lunchtime.
  • edited December 2011
    I'm with Rach6409; I love breakfast foods and will do a brunch whenever it's available to me. :)
  • edited December 2011
    Well I think the generalization that everywhere at 11:30 every restaurant serves lunch comment is gross hyperbole. It may be typical of the 9-5 working set though the week, but I know here in Toronto, on weekends most restaurants do away with the lunch menu and bring in a brunch one. So, you're certainly within bounds to serve a brunch at 11:30.

Personally, I think those lunch options feel quite heavy for an 11:30 meal, but I also never turn down free food and would happily eat whatever was available. What about a combination of the two menus? Quiche, salads and sides, fruit, etc.

In the end, do what you want to eat and the rest will fall into place.
  • mwhitson14mwhitson14 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree with kaesha that the lunch option seems a little heavy. I think you would do much better to do a combo like she suggested.
    (Married)meganandshane.weebly.com~
    (Planning)shaneandmegan.weebly.com
  • NoleBride10NoleBride10 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are having our ceremony at 10:30, brunch at 11:30. We are doing a mixture, with a waffle station, an omelet station, breakfast sides, a variety of pastries, variety of salads, fruit and pastas. We are also doing lighter flavors for our cake.
  • crysnewcrysnew member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

One of the nice things about brunch, is that the menu includes items for both breakfast and lunch.  Some guests will find french toast fine at 11:30.  Some will find light meats and salads fine then.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards