June 2013 Weddings
Options

NWR- Bad feeling about my cat.....

So, like 3 years ago a stray cat got into our shed and had 4 kittens. My best friend's aunt adopted one, and we kept 3. A long time ago the gray one disappeared- never found him on the road or anything. Possibly he went to a different road and got hit by a car, but my mom thinks someone caught him and released him somewhere else thinking he was a stray. So we now have 2, Lola and Got Milk (we call him Milk, he has a milk mustache lol). Lola usually sleeps in the house every night, but Milk likes to be outside. He only stays in if the weather is bad. She goes all over, I have been out walking 2 blocks away and seen her in empty lots. But he is always on the property, if we do yard work he sits with us, and he just stays in our woods (we have about 2 acres behind the house.) Well, last night he never came for dinner, and this morning he never came for breakfast. I've looked everywhere, and I'm really worried he is trapped somewhere or something. :( It's so hot today and I'm worried so much about him. What if his collar got stuck on a branch? Or someone trapped him in a cage? I hope he comes home soon. :(
Honeymoon Destination - Hawaii image

Re: NWR- Bad feeling about my cat.....

• Options
    I'm so sorry to hear about your kitty. Does he come when you call him? What about if you shake a bowl of dry food? I hope you find him soon.
  • Options
    Oh no! I hope he comes home soon. Could you try leaving some food outside for him to try to bait him back?
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Sorry if this sounds harsh but this is something I feel VERY strongly about... cats are supposed to stay INDOORS and this is the perfect example why.  There are too many dangers outside for them, some of which you already listed.  It may seem fun for them, but the bad outweighs the good in my opinion.  I never have and never will EVER let my cat outside. I can't bare the thought of losing her, and never want to have to feel the guilt that I let her go get lost or worse.... die a horrible death.  Please keep your cats inside. They will live much longer, happier lives.
    June 2013~Venue
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    I am so sorry about your kitty.  I've had mine for almost 12 years, so I can understand the agony you must be in.  Keep your head up and try to think positively.

Sfischer, I see where you're coming from, but (to play devil's advocate) I've seen articals discussing the thought of keeping a cat indoors as cruelty.  As they are hunters and solitary animals it's condusive to their nature to be allowed out and will therefore live fuller, happier lives.

Keep in mind however, that my previously mentioned cat as well as his sister that I've had for two years are not allowed out either, for the same reasons you mentioned in your post.  Like I said, just playing devil's advocate :)
    June 2013 - January Sig Challenge - Honeymoon Destination - Prince Edward Island
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    Awww, sorry about your kitty. I hope he comes home soon.
                                                                                  Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    Thanks for the kind thoughts everyone! He's home! He just came strollng over like nothing, I guess he found a cool dark place and just stayed there all day. I scolded him for making us all worry, lol.
  • Options
    I'm so glad your kitty is home!! I was thinking happy thoughts for you all day. It was more productive than lesson planning :)
    June 2013 - January Sig Challenge - Honeymoon Destination - Prince Edward Island
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    aw thats great that your kitty is back!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    Yay! I'm glad he came home.
  • Options
    Yay for your kitty coming home! I'm glad he's back =)
                                                                                  Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    Aw, glad to hear that your meow-meow's home.
  • Options
    Thank you so much! I'm happy he's home too, and he is in the house with his sister enjoying the AC :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards