July 2013 Weddings
Options

Favorite Flowers?

I'm curious to know what flowers everyone is going to have as part of their wedding! :)

My FH and I are meeting with our florist on Thursday and I've been browsing online for days to try and be prepared....then I wondered what all of you are doing!

I'm in love with peonys, but I guess they're more of a spring flower and aren't as lush and available in July. I'm so bummed!!! My florist told me about a garden rose that's just as full and very similiar to the peony.

I also love hydrangeas! They are all over the Cape, so I'm definitely planning on having many of those!

What are your favorites?? 

Re: Favorite Flowers?

• Options
    I'm having a whole lot of different kinds. My main flower though, I THINK, will be mini carnations. :-)
  • Options
    We're doing all hydrangeas - we too are from New England...They are hands-down my favorite flowers, so we figured why not!  My bouquet is going to be the deep purple/blue hydrangeas with euclyptus leaves.  We're also using those as the spring board for our colors.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    We are doing a "wildflower" theme so whatever she uses is great haha. But my favorite flowers and the one I wanted were tulips but I couldn't get them in the color I wanted that late into the summer.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    We're having bright orange gerbera daisies, hot pink roses, and purple lisianthus. I can't WAIT to see the mock-up from our florist!
  • Options
    osayyesoosayyeso member
    First Comment
    edited June 2013
    We go tropical with orchids.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Visit Hawaii.weddings.com 

Wedding Countdown Ticker 

• Options
    Peonies are my favorite too :-)

Hopefully my florist will be able to do my bridal bouquet with peonies and a few gold painted succulents, if they can't get peonies garden roses are fine, but she didn't have any objections to the peonies so I'm keeping my fingers crossed. She is doing our centerpieces with hydrangea. I'm ordering garden roses from fiftyflowers.com to put in bud vases to accent the centerpieces (and lots of candles). I'm making baby's breath bouquets for my bridesmaids. And then in our aisle and on our king's table we'll have lots of rose petals that I ordered from fiftyflowers.com.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I love callas but my bouquet will be mostly everything else.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    We're also doing mainly hydrangeas, accented with roses and filler (probably baby's breath). We're DIY'ing the centerpieces and bridesmaids bouquets but I will order my bouquet and the mom's corsages from my grandma's friend who is a florist - I would like to have some garden roses added to my bouquet to give it more "oomph". 
  • Options
    We won't know FOR SURE what we're having until closer to our date, but we're planning on peonies, dahlias, hydrangeas, roses, and orchids. I'm sure we'll have other accent flowers too, but those all will be the "main" ones.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    Since I didnt want to spend too much on flowers, they ie anyway, we arent doing any floral centerpieces. For the bouquets, I LOVE Peonies, but she said the 19th is too late in the year. Now, if it would have been the beginning of July, it would have been possible.  So, we are doing mainly carnations in diff colors, garden roses and one hydrangea bud. The BM bouquets will be all carnations.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

151 invitedimage [ Invited]
     78 attendingimage [ Said Yes!]
     73 declinedimage [ Are Party Poopers]
     0 unknownimage [ Can't Find the Mailbox]
    RSVP June 19

• Options
    We are meeting with the florist next Wednesday and I am soexcited!! I also love peonies but it's unlikely we will have them because of the timing. My moms company does a TON of business through the florist we are using, so we are practically paying pennies for our flowers so I will be ok with whatever we get, as I am so grateful for her helping us out!!
  • Options
    I'm going to be letting the florist pick the flowers based on season & price. I want a ton of variety so a little bit of everything might end up in the bouquets. My only concern is the colors. I want blush (NOT pink!), cream & to incorporate the gray tones in my girl's "Shadow" dresses I found berries! They are kind of a hard, dull gray berry but they actually look really cool in the bouquets.
    Follow Me on Pinterest Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    dahlias, hypericum, free spirit roses (open like peony), mini carn, spray roses, chrysanthemums, cockscomb, mini callas, alstronomera
  • Options
    dahlias, hypericum, free spirit roses (open like peony), mini carn, spray roses, chrysanthemums, cockscomb, mini callas, alstronomera
  • Options
    Flowers have been the second harest part for me, trailing only slightly behind my #1 frustration of music. We spent over 2 hours with the florist before we even hit on something I liked in my price point. It sounds nuts but we settled on ornamental cabbage and thistle with button flowers tucked in. The cabbage look like perfectly in bloom roses (but prettier because they're green with hints of purple) and the thistle look like rigid feathers. I never in a million years would have picked them on my own either had I not seen it in her portfolio., it helped to see the florists portfolio to get a feel for what they do best and tap their creative genius.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards