Offbeat Weddings
Options

registry

At gift giving times, I am lucky to have people that would like to buy something for me and every time I have no idea what I'd like or need when they ask. This is also true when I'd like to buy something for someone and they can't think of anything either, it's frustrating for the giver and the receiver.  I thought a registry seemed great because we could add things as we thought of them. I've been browsing different registries and  it seems like if you put "registry" or "wedding" there is a serious price increase! Is there any way to say we'd like a crock pot but it doesn't have to be the $50 one? That we don't mind seconhand but here are some ideas of what we'd like/need? We thought of saying no presents but have tried that for Christmas and it didn't work, (again, we are lucky to have generous people in our lives) This could be an etiquette board question but was wondering if any non trad people had ideas.
I just reread my post and I sound ungrateful but I'm going to post it anyway and hope my question goes out the way I intended.

Re: registry

• Options
    We did Sears and BB&B, registered for what we wanted/needed. That way you can choose for example the cheaper slower cooker if that's what you'd rather someone spent money on :)
  • Options
    Thank you for the great advice! I think we're going with myregistry.com for online and sears or BB&B for "real stores".  I wish Target wasn't so awful for returns, exchanges or ease of accessing registries or we'd definitely pick them.
  • Options
    I have heard nothing by the worst about Target registries, so good call on avoiding them! I've had a great experience thus far with both Sears and BB&B! The only thing I have found frustrating is that items seem to change more often with Sears so I've had a few discontinued already, quite a few lol
  • Options
    Amazon registeries do let you add random non-Amazon items. That could work.

We're considering electronics websites and Home Depot. :-)
  • Options
    We're using an Amazon registry and we love it. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I'm putting my vote in for Amazon, especially because you can put the "add it" button in your browser, and it grabs all of the info from whatever site you go to. This has been great because I have panic attacks about telling the generous people in our lives what we would like/need when they ask. 

meacu1pa

My motto = I was a queen before the man: I'll be damned if some wedding is going to demote me.
  • Options
    Making and accessing the Target registry was easy, but returns were a nightmare. It didn't help that the person who helped me set up the registry lied about their return policy. Much to my chagrin, I ended up with several duplicate and/or unwanted items.
  • Options
    we're doing myregistry.com which let's you add from any online site.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards