Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums
Options

What products cant you live without?

So I am doing my own make up for the wedding and am trying to fgure out what to buy - I usually wear mineral makeup so I need to get something new for the wedding!

Re: What products cant you live without?

• Options
    what product can't I live without on a daily basis? concealer

what products could I not live without on my wedding day?
    primer, a camera-friendly foundation, a sealing spray like Make Up For Ever Fix-It spray, and waterproof mascara. those are absolute must-haves, everything else is based on your preference.

Glenna Harding Photography
  • Options
    can not live without mac painterly paint pot, I wear it everyday even when I wear no other makeup. also covergirl lash blast mascara love it!
  • Options

What I can't live without daily and what I can't live without on my wedding are two separate things. As far as a wedding: ditto everyone else with the primer, sealing spray and oil absorbing sheets.

My top three makeup items are Fresh Sugar Rose lip treatment. It's my all time favorite lip stain. Smashbox O-Glow cheek color; I was never a fan of blush but I LOVE this product. And any Stila eyeshadow. All can be found at Sephora.

imageAnniversary
  • Options
    I use mineral make up for daily usage.

For my wedding I'm doing to use Smashbox photo finish primer, Smashbox lid primer and Smashbox anti-shine (I have oily skin in my t-zone).
    I'm probably going to use MAC or Smashbox camera ready foundation and a concealer. I'm going to use eyeshadows from MAC and Diorshow mascara..
  • Options
    Everyday wear:
    Bare Minerals: Foundation, Warmth or Blush, and Pearl Veil
    Urban Decay: Shadow Primer, Eye Shadow, and Glide on Eye Liner
    Bath and Body Works: Brown Sugar Lip Scrub
    Maybelline: Stiletto Mascara

My Wedding Day will be the same thing basically but a few upgrades.
    Urban Decay All Nighter Long Lasting Makeup Setting Spray
    And also some form of lip stain
    November 2011 Siggy Challenge - February - Venue

Photobucket
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
    LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • Options
    Tinted chapstick! I am not a huge fan of lipstick OR gloss no matter how "everlasting" or "stainproof" they claim to be! Remember, you'll be kissing the day/night away and you'll want something that is light and easy to apply in a quick second :) Good luck!
  • Options
    Wedding day must haves:

Mary Kay Oil Mattifier primer

Estee Lauder:
    Double Wear Light foundation
    Lucidity Pressed powder
    Double wear eye liner, either black or coffee
    Double Wear concealer (this is an awesome eye shadow base too)
    Lip liner in Chestnut
    Double Wear Lip gloss in Strong Coffee
    Waterproof Mascara
    Lash primer

Eye shadows, not sure yet. I have both Revlon Colorstay and Estee Lauder, both last all day and don't crease with the double wear   I use most of everything there on a daily basis too. I used to wear mineral makeup but when I tried the Estee Lauder Double wear stuff I fell in love. The foundation is light and stays put, its non-acnegenic so it doesn't cause breakouts. But fair warning if you use any of the Double Wear you will need a reall good makeup remover to get it off. I use their Take Away.
    image. Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-beauty_products-cant-live?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:358Discussion:c7003d14-9c4e-4349-9cd4-0386bbb04ee1Post:3a0cf7c9-6d6a-496d-aeeb-c5c9fff30a8a">Re: What products cant you live without?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Everyday wear: Bare Minerals: Foundation, Warmth or Blush, and Pearl Veil Urban Decay: Shadow Primer, Eye Shadow, and Glide on Eye Liner Bath and Body Works: Brown Sugar Lip Scrub Maybelline: Stiletto Mascara My Wedding Day will be the same thing basically but a few upgrades. Urban Decay All Nighter Long Lasting Makeup Setting Spray And also some form of lip stain
    Posted by sarajenae13[/QUOTE]
    you want to change your foundation too. Bare Minerals is horrible for wedding day makeup, and all their powders (blush, mineral veil) too.

• Options
    Just curious why Bare Minerals is so bad for wedding day makeup?
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-beauty_products-cant-live?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:358Discussion:c7003d14-9c4e-4349-9cd4-0386bbb04ee1Post:edc9527c-c0c2-4210-b9b1-f821863e8bdd">Re: What products cant you live without?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Just curious why Bare Minerals is so bad for wedding day makeup?
    Posted by kmcg8r[/QUOTE]

It is not good for up close flash photography, in fact no sunscreen is and BE has natural sunscreen. It can cause the close ups to look shiney, too pale, and other problems too. I don't own any makeup without sunscreen in fact I am a sunscreen junky and I live in the land of the tan.
  • Options
    My Holy Grail Cant live without products are Revlon Colorstay Mineral Makeup over Merle Norman's Tinted Moisteriser.
    Helena Rubenstein Concealer for my horrible dark circles.
    Emu Oil for my skin at night. I know it sounds gross, but it is wonderful stuff.
    Milani Mai Tai Blush
    Monistat anti chaffing cream which I use as primer
    My mineral makeup shadow and blush stash which is mostly Aromaleigh and J. Lynn.

I have learned to live without my Chanel Powder. Put it into a retirement fund ladies.
  • Options
    I usually dont wear make-up only when going out on the wkends or parties but I cant live without my Victoria secret lip stick and my fresh lip gloss... when I put those on it finish my face off so perfectly.... Oh yeah and my clean and clear pads to take off my make-up at the end of the night... It keeps me from breaking out
    RSVP: AUGUST 18,2010 image 256 Are Invited image 191 Are ready to Party!
    image 65 Will be missing out image 0 Where Are you? We can't wait Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

I agree with the PP about the MK Medium Coverage. The stuff is phenomenal. It doesn't rub off, it covers really well without looking pancake-y...I rarely even need to add concealer when I wear it. On the big day, I'll probably be rocking mostly my MK stuff, but if there is one thing (ok, well, two) that I can't live without, it's my Yves Saint Laurent mascara (pricey at $30 a tube, but worth every penny) and my Benefit Dandelion blush. LOVE the stuff. LOVE IT!!!
    And of course, I'll be scoring some good pressed powder and a sealing spray, and I'm already hunting down the perfect lipstick.

As far as all the ladies who are asking why you shouldn't wear mineral makeup? You know all those "light diffusers" that they tout when they advertise these things? Normal light is sunlight, ambient light, and room light - NOT a strong camera flash or a strobe. It washes you out and makes you look like a ghost. Score some good pressed powder in a shade that matches you (Sephora's store brand is actually really nice), and you're good to go.

• Options
    Thanks for explaining the Bare Minerals - that makes sense.

So would you say that it is "okay" that I wear the foundation, but wear a different pressed powder/blush over it? Or should I use a different foundation altogether? What about their eye makeup? Would that be okay?

All of my makeup is Bare MInerals so I am very glad I stumbled across this thread... I wasn't planning on buying new makeup, and probaby can't afford new "EVERYTHING", but will get necessities.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-beauty_products-cant-live?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:358Discussion:c7003d14-9c4e-4349-9cd4-0386bbb04ee1Post:6399fcfa-3813-47d8-aeec-0f1aa2515fca">Re: What products cant you live without?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thanks for explaining the Bare Minerals - that makes sense. So would you say that it is "okay" that I wear the foundation, but wear a different pressed powder/blush over it? Or should I use a different foundation altogether? What about their eye makeup? Would that be okay? All of my makeup is Bare MInerals so I am very glad I stumbled across this thread... I wasn't planning on buying new makeup, and probaby can't afford new "EVERYTHING", but will get necessities.
    Posted by kmcg8r[/QUOTE]
    different foundation altogether. Revlon makes a new camera-friendly foundation that has had good reviews (though I haven't tried it personally) so you don't need to spend a lot of money. I only went higher-end brand on my foundation, concealer, primer, and sealant, but like I said, it is possible to find deals on those. everything else I wore, I bought from the drugstore or I already had it in my makeup kit.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards