Outdoor Weddings

planning outdoor wedding..help

Hello my fellow knotties, Im having trouble figuring out how to plan an outdoors wedding and how much it is going to cost Its going to held at my parents farm . I have 10k to spend thanks to my parents, Im having 130 guests (i cut it down from 175 so im not cutting it down more), I need toilets, a tent, 130 charis, tables, dance floor, twinkle lights, utensils, and of course the usual stuff...flowers,dress, DJ,etc. Can I plan a wedding in less then a year with this budget? I keep seeing weddings that cost 25k and it makes me feel like I dont have enough. Will this be enough to plan a outdoor wedding with or should i just rent a venue?  And will it  be hard to plan an outdoor wedding? What do I need to do to thr farm to prepare it for a wedding? THANK YOU!!!

Re: planning outdoor wedding..help

• You should post on your local board for vendor recommendations.  Not a lot people have $25K to spend on a wedding.  There's the Budget Weddings board where you can get a lot of good ideas.  Good luck!
    Ignorance is a poor defense. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I definitely think it can be done for $10k - it's just a matter of prioritizing what you need and what you want and shopping around.

A lot of vendors will be willing to work with you if you are honest with them.  Catering packages come in a large array of prices and are often more than willing to work with.

The Budget brides and DIY boards have a lot of great ideas to help out.  Planning an outdoor wedding takes a lot of time and coordination but it can be done and on a budget as well.  I had originally intended on sticking to a $12k budget but then I received some money from my late grandmother and I got a raise so I was able to splurge a little.  It's definitely doable though.  I have some information in my Bio under planning.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards