Wedding Party
Options

Jim Hjelm 5118 Bridesmaids Help!

Anyone have their bridesmaids wear JH5118? I was curious if this dress fits well on all body types since the model in the photo is super thin. I figured it would be since the material is layered and has an A-line cut.

My bridal party are all different shapes and sizes and I want them to be comfortable... but I am obsessed with this dress!!!

Re: Jim Hjelm 5118 Bridesmaids Help!

• Options
    Your best bet would be to find it and have a few different people try it on. Let your girls know that this is what you are thinking and ask if any could check out a nearby bridal shop and let you know what they think. Even if your BM can't do it, you could always try it on yourself and get an idea of what it looks like on a real person.
    "There is always some madness in love. But there is also always some reason in madness." -Friedrich Nietzsche, "On Reading and Writing"
  • Options
    Omg I love it! Mine looks a little like that actually... But I went with a Davids Bridal option... Anyway! My girls are all totally diff shapes and sizes and the flowy a line works for hippy or non existent hips! The bodice should be flattering on all as well, def get their opinions and have them try it on! What color are you thinking?
    196 Invited image
    104 Ready to Rock! image
    92 Party Poopers image
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Two of my bridesmaids are wearing this dress! I've tried it on myself, too. It's a gorgeous dress & I absolutely love it! With the a-line cut and the ruffles it is very flattering.
    image 0 Invited image 0 Attending image 0 Declined image 0 Unknown
    RSVP Date 5/9/12 Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Thank you Ladies! I just had my bridesmaids go to look at dresses and we found one very similar... just when we were about to pretty much go with that one I found the the actual dress above!!! It was destiny!!! Someone else must have been trying it on at the time we were looking. It looks amazing and I can't wait for everyones dress to arrive!
  • Options
    Hi there!
    Did you end up choosing these bridesmaid dresses. If so, do you have any pictures to share?
    Thanks

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_jim-hjelm-5118-bridesmaids-help?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:37Discussion:80474b34-af37-489f-8abd-f71ee0b2bd64Post:3ee26b73-b81f-4fa5-9485-5248f8a581e5">Re: Jim Hjelm 5118 Bridesmaids Help!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thank you Ladies! I just had my bridesmaids go to look at dresses and we found one very similar... just when we were about to pretty much go with that one I found the the actual dress above!!! It was destiny!!! Someone else must have been trying it on at the time we were looking. It looks amazing and I can't wait for everyones dress to arrive!
    Posted by Sragewls[/QUOTE]
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards