Chit Chat
Options

XP Photography Insurance

Hi ladies!

I am in the midst of a situation (and not the Jersey Shore kind).  Because of Sandy, we had to move our picture location. We found a place that will let us take our pics there, but, needs to have a copy of the insurance policy from the photographer.  We just got official word from the original place last week that we wouldn't be able to take our pics there.  (majorly annoying)

Our photographer is a professional, but, is a close friend of a close friend of my FI.  When I phoned him, he said he didn't have insurance but would get it.  (He doesn't normally get it until May apparently?)  This was last Thursday.  This morning the picture place called me to say they still didn't have the copy from him... I of course called the photog right away... he said he didn't get it yet, but, he would take care of it.

Is this expensive?  Does it take long?

I am quasi buggin out...

ETA: for clarity and over use of commas.
Wedding Countdown Ticker
201 Invited image 139 Attending image 20 Declined image 42 Are making me wait image

Re: XP Photography Insurance

• Options
    HobokensFuryHobokensFury member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
    edited March 2013
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_xp-photography-insurance?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:14Discussion:69fb2586-5ac0-4c9e-b5b0-dbbc5ab74045Post:0b5a67d9-808c-4877-b5c3-d15383f79c57">XP Photography Insurance</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hi ladies! I am in the midst of a situation (and not the Jersey Shore kind).  Because of Sandy, we had to move our picture location. We found a place that will let us take our pics there, but, needs to have a copy of the insurance policy from the photographer.  We just got official word from the original place last week that we wouldn't be able to take our pics there.  (majorly annoying) Our photographer is a professional, but, is a close friend of a close friend of my FI.  When I phoned him, he said he didn't have insurance but would get it.  (<strong>He doesn't normally get it until May apparently?)</strong>  This was last Thursday.  This morning the picture place called me to say they still didn't have the copy from him... I of course called the photog right away... he said he didn't get it yet, but, he would take care of it. Is this expensive?  Does it take long? I am quasi buggin out... ETA: for clarity and over use of commas.
    Posted by rachelm13[/QUOTE]

This is BS. He's either insured or he's not. He may renew every May but that means he has an active policy right now.  If he's planning on getting it in May that's another story.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Ooooook.  Fi jumped in.  

It apparently doesn't take more that an hour or so to phone it in, tell them the language for the place and then it is emailed within 24 hours.  I will be relieved when I get confirmation.

Hoboken, I agree, so that is why I just told FI to handle it.  I have a low threshold for BS these days...
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    201 Invited image 139 Attending image 20 Declined image 42 Are making me wait image
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_xp-photography-insurance?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:14Discussion:69fb2586-5ac0-4c9e-b5b0-dbbc5ab74045Post:d41ad2c4-0e4a-42ec-be40-6610e973687d">Re: XP Photography Insurance</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: XP Photography Insurance : Your FI applied for the insurance?  Or did he just find out what the requirements are?
    Posted by LingerLonger1[/QUOTE]

Found out the requirements, called the photographer, and his friend, and told them how to get it done and get it done today. FI is in Dublin for work until 3 days before the wedding... Not always available unfortunately.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards