Moms and Maids

bridal party deliema

I got engaged in 2009 and had planned for an Oct 2011 wedding, however we since bought a house a decided to push back the wedding until Sept 2012. I made the mistake of asking people to be in the bridal party (too early), which consisted of good friends who were married. However, now they are getting a divorce and I guess we "got to keep" him  :)       I've tried reaching out to her a few times and get quick email responses back, other than that we don't talk. I have decided to let the friendship go and see how it plays out since they are still just seperated. My issue is that I am now starting to look at dresses/bridesmaid dresses and I don't feel like I should include her....am I being too hasty in letting her go???? Should I just confront the situation head on???

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: bridal party deliema

• jagore08jagore08 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I wouldn't do anything for a few more months.  It's still early to be getting BM dresses.  I would wait unitl March or April to deal with the situation.  

If, by then,  the two of you are still not talking then I would just tell her that your friendship is nonexistant and that you have changed your bridal party and it no longer includes her.  If you don't want the friendship then go ahead remove her from the bridal party.
    Ignorance is a poor defense. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Kate61487Kate61487 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I guess to me the question is: do you still want her in the BP?  If you want to still be friends then I'd approach her "I'd still like to be friends, and I understand if "Bob" makes it awkward, but would you still like to stand up?"  Then it's up to her.

If you DON"T want to be friends anymore, then just ignore it.  It sounds like she's probably stepped down.  If she didn't intend to step down then you will probably hear from her as the wedding draws closer and then you can let her know that you don't want to put her and "Bob" in a difficult situation and since he's stuck around you feel it would be awkward for her to stand up as well.

Are you still inviting her as a guest?
  • mandi921vhmandi921vh member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_moms-maids_bridal-party-deliema?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:357Discussion:907d7778-48e5-4da8-9d6e-3faff16664dcPost:6f1c30ff-8c3a-4580-852b-9242be978715">Re: bridal party deliema</a>:
    [QUOTE]I guess to me the question is: do you still want her in the BP?  If you want to still be friends then I'd approach her "I'd still like to be friends, and I understand if "Bob" makes it awkward, but would you still like to stand up?"  Then it's up to her. If you DON"T want to be friends anymore, then just ignore it.  It sounds like she's probably stepped down.  If she didn't intend to step down then you will probably hear from her as the wedding draws closer and then you can let her know that you don't want to put her and "Bob" in a difficult situation and since he's stuck around you feel it would be awkward for her to stand up as well. Are you still inviting her as a guest?
    Posted by Kate61487[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>This.

</div>
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards