September 2013 Weddings

Wedding Website?

Have you ladies began creating a wedding website?  I've experimented on The Knot, Wedding Wire, and My Wedding... and I'm still just not satisfied.  The theme I want is on My Wedding, but I like the ease of Wedding Wire's.  Ugh. 

What sites are everyone else using? 
Sept '13 Siggy: Hair Inspiration: photo 019944c286331ab6fdf602efadf91e9e_zps2908bf88.jpg photo 80abfd960b2f390596c647e6ec4518d9_zpsdfb581e8.jpg Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest

Re: Wedding Website?

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2013-weddings_wedding-website-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:26a515ec-8009-4599-b81d-5edee3b3fb3cDiscussion:e514e45e-7939-48a4-8d86-67679ae97a88Post:bb9ee7bc-bbb2-43e9-97e5-62445be9a220">Wedding Website?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Have you ladies began creating a wedding website?  I've experimented on The Knot, Wedding Wire, and My Wedding... and I'm still just not satisfied.  The theme I want is on My Wedding, but I like the ease of Wedding Wire's.  Ugh.  What sites are everyone else using? 
    Posted by GoofyAssChick[/QUOTE]

I started mine on the The Knot - but I am just not great with words - or cute and creative to come up with and make it awesome - waiting until next month when my sister comes to town and hoping she can pull it all together better for me lol
    Wedding Countdown Ticker ~~December Sept. 2013 Siggy Challenge~~ Now & Then Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I wouldn't say it is the easiest thing in the world, but my personal and wedding blogs are both on Wordpress. I like the simplicity and the ability to change whatever I want, not go by a template (obviously that's not for everyone, though). 

I have been asked if it is ok to post personal wedding websites. I don't think this is self-promotion, in the "frowned upon by TK" sense, so please, post away! I personally love looking at them. :)
     Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I did the Knot, but mine is really rough because we haven't signed anything yet.  If I actually DIY anything though I'll put the project up on my personal blog, which is blogspot.
  • I tried working both Blogger and Wordpress, but I got too frustrated.  After some digging and playing around I found that the ones on Wedding Window were the easiest to navigate and most customizable.  Once I get it all pretty I'll be sure to share.  
    Sept '13 Siggy: Hair Inspiration: photo 019944c286331ab6fdf602efadf91e9e_zps2908bf88.jpg photo 80abfd960b2f390596c647e6ec4518d9_zpsdfb581e8.jpg Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • I've been creating websites since I was 11-years-old, so it's just easier for me to make my own from scratch.

But I highly recommend WordPress! There are a lot of themes you can use for wedding websites and it's fully customizable! :)
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I've made the basic shell for ours on Wedding Wire, but I'm not happy with the design because I can't change the font style which just bugs the crap out of me. I like the way it looks other than that though, and haven't seen any others that are any better. My problem really is that I just don't know what to put up there. Again with the whole conspiracy theorist thing, I'm just not comfortable having that much private information up for the public to see. Even though I've already made sure it's unsearchable :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I started ours on ewedding.  But we're waiting for the ephotos to come back to really get started.  I want to make sure it's up and running and looking good when the STDs go out next month.  Because we will definitely be using it as a go-to site for all the guests, especially the ones overseas.
  • I'm a bit concerned about privacy as well.  But, I'd rather people have the access to google and find it rather than rely on using a password they may lose. 
  • Yeah, I'm not going to go with a password, but probably just make it ungooglable so that you have to know the link to find it. I mean, on one hand it's really nice when I can just google in the bride and groom's names and find the website when I need it and I don't have the STD with the link on hand. But on the other hand...I TOTALLY stalk people's websites who I barely know because you can find them the same way...lol, I know what a creep I am, and I don't want it happening to me!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Ungooglable! Lol.  That is so funny. he he he.  But really I guess I figured no one would care about lil old me and FI enough to hunt us down on google. Laughing  Cause like what would be the point?  There won't be any nudie pics on there.  Like I don't get how it's considered a security risk?  Should I not put up the locations then?  The photos are so beautiful of the church and hotel.  I was going to post a couple.  So, I shouldn't? 
  • No, go ahead! I'm just a freak and I don't want random people knowing details. I'm sure there's no actual risk, I think it's just a comfort-level thing.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Wedding Wire but like PP not super happy with it.  I am not sure I really have time to keep up with one so it depends on what happens with the job I am hoping to hear back from and how LO is doing....I may just not worry about it my friends and family are all on FB they can find things out there..lol
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2013-weddings_wedding-website-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:26a515ec-8009-4599-b81d-5edee3b3fb3cDiscussion:e514e45e-7939-48a4-8d86-67679ae97a88Post:fb73306c-8427-482a-94aa-a5e5ee34baaa">Re: Wedding Website?</a>:
    [QUOTE]No, go ahead! I'm just a freak and I don't want random people knowing details. I'm sure there's no actual risk, I think it's just a comfort-level thing.
    Posted by Ophelia0326[/QUOTE]

Ok. Thanks for explaining.
  • I put my FI in charge of the wedding website.  If you want more flexibility, try wix.com.  You can create free websites and it's pretty easy to customize it.  At least he says that it isn't too hard, he is somewhat tech-savy... It looks beautiful what he's done so far but it is more time consuming than some of the other more template based websites.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I made mine on tk and I am bsolutely in love with it. There are some sections that I had to put "Thank you for your patience while we finalize our details" but other than that I think it turned out marvelously.
    The Future Mrs. Burleson Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards