Flowers
Options

Paper Flowers

I bought the August 2011  Brides Magazine a few days ago, and there was an article on incorporating words/letters/books into the wedding.  I'm an avid reader, so I went "Oh, cool!"

Then I turned the page and saw a BEAUTIFUL vase that was decoupage with book pages, and a large arrangement of paper flowers made out of different book pages.  And I feel in love!   However, I'm starting to feel anxiety because fiance's parents are florists, and the first thing F-MIL said was "I will disown you if we don't do you flowers."  She's rather intense and while I don't think she'd disown us, I do kind of fear the reprocussions.

However, I practically dream about some paper flowers.  However, I can't really find a happy medium of some-paper-some-real flowers.  What kind of compromises can you guys come up with?

For flowers, the comprehensive list I'm thinking of is:

Bouquet / Boutonniere for Bride, Groom, and Wedding Party.  Along the aise/rows of seats, for the flower girl, and centerpeices at the reception.

I guess I could do the ceremony as "real" and the reception as "paper flowers".  Would that look bizarre? 

Re: Paper Flowers

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I don't see why you can't do both at the same time... for instance, take this bouquet:

and then sub out about half of the roses with fresh white ones.  The same could be done with other types of paper flowers; find something that is similarly colored or shaped and work in some of each.  Or, if the FMIL is really scoffing, maybe do the paper arrangements for side tables or other decor - hang paper flowers from the ceiling, make a banner of paper flowers to go behind the head table, etc.  Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards