Michigan-Lansing

help!!

I am really struggling to find a place to have my wedding reception. I am going to be having a large reception (350-400) and am looking for something kind of unique. I really wanted to have it in an old barn but all the ones I can find are too far away either in ann arbor or the southwest side of the state. I am also looking for a place where I can have a tent reception and hire my own caterer but I am also struggling with that. I love older restored buildings, especially ones with brick walls but I am having no luck with anything. I live between the Lansing and Grand Rapids area and any suggestions for either area would be greatly appreciated! 

Re: help!!

• kate51485kate51485 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't know about anywhere unique or the other things you mention, but the Kellogg Center Big Ten rooms can accomodate a lot of people. Might be worth checking out if you're coming up short for a place that can hold that large of a group.
  • edited December 2011
    I've been to a few weddings in the Capitol building.   I have no idea how many people the building can accommodate or what the price is, but that's definitely an older restored building.  Plus, you could have your reception right across the street at the Radisson or the Lansing Center. 

ETA:  I forgot that you were looking for a place where you could do a tented reception and bring in your own caterer.  Have you checked into Lansing or Ingham County parks?    Or you might be able to do it on the Capitol lawn.  There are always huge tented events going on there.
  • edited December 2011
    The Masonic Center in Grand Rapids is pretty big, it might not be what you're looking for but I think it can hold 500 people.
  • emarston1emarston1 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Toni - please edit your post above and remove the last names. Mentioning people's full names is against the knot's rules (and is a huge internet safety issue!)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards