Hawaii

Dress Pressed

Aloha...upon arrival to Maui...I will need my dress + 1 flower girl dress pressed.  Any recommendations where to go get this done and how much I should expect to pay?  Both dresses are 100% silk.  

Re: Dress Pressed

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_hawaii_dress-pressed?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:73Discussion:29876b6f-b48a-4596-a35b-89be85f02c9dPost:6900a6d4-eb6a-4731-910c-f96ce1418b30">Dress Pressed</a>:
    [QUOTE]Aloha...upon arrival to Maui...I will need my dress + 1 flower girl dress pressed.  Any recommendations where to go get this done and how much I should expect to pay?  Both dresses are 100% silk.    
    Posted by CeceG05[/QUOTE]

I went to Elly's formal wear located at the Sugar Beach resort in North Kihei to have my dress and hubby's tux pressed.  I paid $80 bucks for my dress to be pressed, my dress was silk.  They were awesome and my dress looked gorgeous and not a wrinkle in sight. 
  • I used Martinizing Cleaners in West Maui and they did an amazing job with my dress! We paid $60 for the dress and my husband's shirt and pants.
  • I hired Vanessa at Silver Stitch in Kihei.

940 S Kihei Rd
    Kihei, HI 96753
    (808) 879-0439
    I think we paid $80 for her to steam my silk dress, my fiance's linen suit, and a linen sun dress. She seems to be a busy, popular lady and diid great work.
  • We used Vanessa and everything turned out perfect. She did a great job.
    Anniversary
  • Does Vanessa do it at her house? I'm always paranoid of peoples houses smelling, I know strange. hahah but liek if she has animals or if peopel smoke in her house?
  • Check out your resort or hotel to see whether or not they will do it as well.
    Anniversary
  • I used Vanessa too. No pets in her condo. She did a fabulous job and no funky smells :) I loved her and I loved that she gave me a hug like we were bffs :)
  • edited July 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_hawaii_dress-pressed?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:73Discussion:29876b6f-b48a-4596-a35b-89be85f02c9dPost:480fabc5-7185-4d62-9507-5861e883f977">Re: Dress Pressed</a>:
    [QUOTE]I used Vanessa too. No pets in her condo. She did a fabulous job and no funky smells :)

I loved her and I loved that she gave me a hug like we were bffs :)
    Posted by marriedonmaui[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards