Florida-Central Florida
Options

What is your wedding budget

What is a realistic budget for 100 person wedding?

What is the average budget for a wedding these days?

I think my parents were looking to spend no more than $25,000. What about everyone else?

Re: What is your wedding budget

• Options
    edited December 2011
    You will be FINE! Our wedding is 150, our budget is $20,000 & with everything (honeymoon included) We're just under $16,000. We have a nice venue, and a great caterer. We didn't skimp on any of the "big" things & came in well under budget. That's MORE than realistic for 100 people. 
  • Options
    ashbosityashbosity member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are trying to do everything (excluding honeymoon) for $8,000. Our guest list is about 135, but we're telling caterers, etc 100. Its gonna be a stretch, but we're making it work so far. 
  • Options
    Britt1406Britt1406 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're trying to keep it under $5,000, not including honeymoon or rings. Right now we're coming in below budget with an open bar and buffet dinner (even including the honeymoon!). I'm sure will add a few "extras" since we can. We'll probably have around 75 people. So you can def do it with $25k.  
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    October 2012 Pumpkin Patch Babies click here for list.
  • Options
    Blonde407Blonde407 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Our budget was $10-15k and ended up around $27k and had about 85 people... not including honeymoon.  We definitely could have done it for more around our budget but we picked a pricey venue... our venue, food, and booze alone was around $13k.

**Blog Sale - UPDATED 04/03/2012**
    First weight loss goal - 40lbs... DONE! Second weight loss goal - 17lbs... LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Wow ladies, I'm impressed! Where are you having your weddings & keeping costs under $8,000 & $5,000? I guess we were forced into a high price bracket since our venue has required caterers so we couldn't shop around too much for a deal. I'm jealous! lol
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My budget is 10,000 and we invited 135. Our attendance is 55, so we were able to add some things and keep it in budget. But, even originally I had booked Puff n Stuff, didn't skimp on the photographer (album included etc), open bar. What helps keep your budget in tone is keeping the flowers minimal (Flowers add SO much to your budget). Like we ended up having to add chairs for the venue and it was fine because there were less people.
    You can def do it for your budget!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    x3Harmony- We are using Lake Mary Events Center, but we are having our wedding on a Friday and didn't book the whole building (it would have been a waste of space). We have the choice of caterers, so right now (River City) we're looking at less than $26pp for a buffet with ribeyes (grilled on site) and chicken breasts including a full bar setup and cheese and fruit platters for the cocktail half hour. We are going to shop around a little more, but there's no way anyone can beat that price. Surprisingly, I am not planning on DIYing much, only centerpieces right now. I can break it down a little more if anyone's interested.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My budget is 10k. we're inviting about 150, expecting 100. 

Keeping the budget reasonable by DIYing centerpieces and invitations and NO open bar ( I'm not paying for people to get drunk at 10am.) Also the fact that we're getting married on Friday morning instead of Friday night or a weekend knocked almost $500 off the venue price.

Using Puff N Stuff, have a 4 tier cake, beautiful gown, upgraded album with the photography. I'm not skimping on the important things that people will really remember.
    Planning Bio! Wedding Countdown Ticker
    image 154 Invited
    image 97 Celebrating in Person
    image 57 Celebrating in Spirit
    image 0 In Postal Limbo
    RSVP Date: October 26
  • Options
    Britt1406Britt1406 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_florida-central-florida_wedding-budget?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:66Discussion:cf154166-65f2-4e4c-9eda-570f601310b8Post:49a7d3e0-1663-4965-9cdb-9864475e68b7">Re: What is your wedding budget</a>:
    [QUOTE]Wow ladies, I'm impressed! Where are you having your weddings & keeping costs under $8,000 & $5,000? I guess we were forced into a high price bracket since our venue has required caterers so we couldn't shop around too much for a deal. I'm jealous! lol
    Posted by x3Harmony534[/QUOTE]
    I just made my planning bio (see my siggy) that shows my venues/vendors. My bio still needs a lot of work, but I started it, lol.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    October 2012 Pumpkin Patch Babies click here for list.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yay!! & I'm totally jealous of the family only wedding... I would have loved that, then a big reception for everyone. But ooooh well. lol
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    What is the average for flowers?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ours is $40,000 not including Honeymoon, but I hope to come in well under that. Our guest list is 225 and we expect 175 and anticipate about $18-$20,000 in food and bar alone.

Eeek thats my student loan amount!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    225 image Invited
    127 image Making the Trip
    98 image Missing out
    0 image MIA
    RSVP date February 19th
  • Options
    edellisedellis member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks ladies for the feedback.

We would really like to keep costs down as much as possible, so I am thinking a March 30th wedding (friday). I am probably not going to do favors either. MAYBE, rent a photobooth or something. However, I will not skimp on my photographer and I prefer an outdoor wedding. I am also keeping my dress under $2000.
  • Options
    Theresa626Theresa626 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    A realistic budget is one you can afford without going into debt.  Look at how much you can reasonably save up in your time frame and spend whatever that is and no more.  

I've heard the average budget is between 15,000 and 20, 000.  

You should be totally fine with 25,000.

Our budget is 30,000 but we went a little over because we chose a more expensive venue.  
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_florida-central-florida_wedding-budget?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:66Discussion:cf154166-65f2-4e4c-9eda-570f601310b8Post:8223adaf-57ba-479c-8c91-352f492ad8af">Re: What is your wedding budget</a>:
    [QUOTE]A realistic budget is one you can afford without going into debt.  Look at how much you can reasonably save up in your time frame and spend whatever that is and no more.   .  
    Posted by Theresa626[/QUOTE]

This is SO ture! So many people lose sight of that! You can only afford what you can afford and there are many options to make it work beautifully in any budget!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think the average wedding in Orlando is $25,000-$28,000. There's a website where you can type in your zipcode and it will totally break down the averages for flowers, cake, everything. Someone help me out here, I don't remember what it is.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ours should be in at or a little under 14k. We're only inviting 55 people and chose a little more of an expensive venue. W e also are not going on a honeymoon right away (I'll be in school), and we will not be having alcohol aside from champagne since it's an early morning wedding. We didn't shop around a whole lot for venues because I fell in love with the one I picked (our venue is all inclusive, which is something I really needed). We will be in debt because of the wedding! <3
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think ours came in at around or under $10,000 and just over $2,000 for the honeymoon. Not too bad. We ended up with about 130 guests. You can definitely do a nice wedding with $25,000.
  • Options
    jmucheech21jmucheech21 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think you will be more than ok with that budget.  Ours is 20,000 for 150 people.  So far we are coming up a little under budget and have not skimped on anything.  Unless you are looking at something very pricey or a lot of extras I think you'll find you can do it for even a lot less than you are budgeting!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    The website is www.costofwedding.com  
    I was average for my area (central New Jersey), but well above average for the Orlando area.
  • Options
    jmucheech21jmucheech21 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oooh, where in central Jersey are you from??  I am from Hamilton!
  • Options
    sarah42ndsarah42nd member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Were spending about $2,000 maybe alittle more for 150 people  not including honeymoon or rings.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    jmucheech- We live in South Plainfield.  DH is from Piscataway and I'm a Florida girl.
  • Options
    lindseyb61384lindseyb61384 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I also am trying to plan a wedding in Central Florida for under 5K for about 50 close friends and family, do you have any suggestions where to start?  I'm not getting married for about 2 years but I heard I should start planning soon.  Any suggestions would behelpful :)

Thanks
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hi...my budget is the same as well as the guest count. Is your wedding at a hotel or banquet hall? Everything is so expensive.
  • Options
    ssj2ssj2 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My original budget was $25K but I am already over so my new budget is $30K not including e-ring or honeymoon.  We are having a seated dinner, open bar, and I made sure to have an awesome photographer.  

My first wedding spent about $22K.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards