Moms and Maids
Options

bachlorette party

I'm the maid of honor for mysister's wedding and I'm trying to plan her bachlorette. I've lloked into limo prices and they are pretty expensive, however I think we should still use one. I emailed the rest of her girls who all live in different cities about the limos and there prices and asked them if they would be willing to contribute and how much. One of the girls (my sisters matron of honor - she has 2 MOHs) got back to me and said that normally everyone going to the bachlorette pays their own way, so it isnt all on the wedding party. Does this actually happen? It seems rude to me to send out invites and write on them don't forget money for the limo. Please let me know when you guys think!

Re: bachlorette party

• Options
    Every bach party that I have attended and ridden in the limo I paid for part of the limo. Of course, whoever was planning the party made sure that if we wanted to ride in the limo it was going to cost a certain amount.  It never bothered me, but it may bother others depending on their character.

• Options
    I've always paid my own way - plus contributed towards the bride's expenses (her drinks/food/limo etc)
  • Options
    It's fine for people to pay their own way for riding in the limo as long as it's a choice.  If you are going to a certain club you could let people know they can ride in the limo for a certain amount or meet you there. I haven't gone to a bachelorette party where they provided transportation to and from each place we went. (I haven't been to many)

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_moms-maids_bachlorette-party?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:357Discussion:52524068-a4a6-4270-b7a7-bc23257db8a5Post:d7b34ce0-d9b0-451e-a828-eb48653c00de">Re: bachlorette party</a>:
    [QUOTE]Every bach party that I have attended and ridden in the limo I paid for part of the limo. Of course, whoever was planning the party made sure that <strong>if we wanted to ride in the limo it was going to cost a certain amount.</strong>  It never bothered me, but it may bother others depending on their character.
    Posted by Maggie0829[/QUOTE]

I would phrase it exactly like PP mentioned.  "We will have a limo for the night and ask that you contribute $xx if you would like to ride in it with us."  This way you aren't demanding that everyone cough up money to come, but everyone will get the point. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic June 2012 Siggy: Favorite Engagement Picture! Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_moms-maids_bachlorette-party?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:357Discussion:52524068-a4a6-4270-b7a7-bc23257db8a5Post:f55ab255-9a45-42a1-b07e-56c3fc14d4d3">Re: bachlorette party</a>:
    [QUOTE]I've always paid my own way - plus contributed towards the bride's expenses (her drinks/food/limo etc)
    Posted by vicki0508[/QUOTE]
  • Options
    It's reasonable for them to contribute, but if you put in the invite that the limo is $, what happens when someone says, "I don't want to pay that, I'll meet you there," and now your budget is short?  If you do this, make sure you have the funds to cover any shortfall, including tip.

I think you're doing it the right way.  Ask people what they are willing to contribute, and budget with that in mind.  If you know who the guests are, give them a call or send an e-mail, and say you're making plans, would they be interested in option X for cost Y?

Party planning doesn't have to be limited to the wedding party.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I would run it by the guests before booking the limo.  I personally wouldn't care, so if it was going to be an extra $50 I would say no, but if there were a lot of girls and it didn't cost much I'd go along.  But you don't want to sign a contract and be on the hook for it yourself. 
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    I have no opinion since I've never been to a bachelorette/bridal shower that was anything more than lunch, cake, and out to the bar. I was a BM in my friends wedding and the only thing I did was pitch in $20 for lunch and cake for the bridal shower and then helped pick up the bride's tab at the bar at her bachelorette party.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker pregnancy calendar baby development
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards