July 2012 Weddings

BM hair dilemma....edit...

Okay, so I know that it is rude for me to dictate how people should wear their hair.  One of BM's (one of my cousins she is 16) has super curly tight ringlet hair.  She doesn't do anything with it but wash it and put this gel stuff in it...Her hair looks sooooo pretty straight & when she doesn't put A LOT of stuff in it!!  She has agreed to meet with the hairstylist prior to the wedding. I just have this gut feeling that she isn't going to go & she is going to leave her hair in a hot mess like it normally is...Her hair could be sooo pretty if she knew how to do it right...

I don't know how to talk to her about it without sounding like a bridezilla...I know it is her hair & body and she can do what she wants...but I want her to do something different with it...make it look nicer...Suggestions??

EDIT: I also wanted to make it clear that I know I cannot dictate how she wears her hair unless I pay for it.  Even if I was paying for it, I wouldn't dictate how my girls wear their hair... I'm just looking for a few suggestions for her because she doesn't really know how to do her hair and she doesn't know what kind of style she wants to do. 

Re: BM hair dilemma....edit...

• Unless you're paying for it, there isn't much you can say.  Maybe show her some pictures with her of her hair straight and say something like "I LOVE your hair like this...it would look great with the BM dress!"
    Wedding Countdown Ticker weddingpreview
  • I agree with Ally that unless you are paying for her you can't go total bridezilla on her.  Just suggest that you love her hair straightened and show her a couple pictures and tell her she looks older with it straightened.

Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards