Wedding Customs & Traditions Forum

Poll for The Knot Magazine!

Re: Poll for The Knot Magazine!

• No, because our ceremony and reception were at the same location. We did table visits before, during, and after dinner.
  • No.  Ceremony and reception in the same location.  We also had a cocktail reception so we talked to everyone throughout the night.
    Proud to be an old married hag!! image
  • We did table visits.   
    DSC_9275
  • We're only having immediate family so we'll have plenty of time to greet/spend time with guests without one.
    Photobucket photo 899306-2148.jpg
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • We'll be doing a receivng line at the church and table visits at the reception. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • KA this is not about the poll but I sent you a PM a while ago and never got a response back. Please check your PMs.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • We both dislike receiving lines.

We did pictures before hand and then spent the cocktail hour mingling with our guests and those and then did table visits to make sure we touched base with everyone.

• I dislike receiving lines as well, they seem forced and disingenuous because there's a pressure to keep everything moving, quick, short.  I'd much rather see everyone in a more relaxed setting: visiting gables, enjoying cocktail hour, dancing, dessert...there's lots of time to make sure everyone has a warm welcome, and can share a moment with the bride and groom. 
  • Nope.  Because the only people there were myself, my now DH and the officiant. 
    image Don't mess with the old dogs; age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill! BS and brilliance only come with age and experience.
  • No, we did table visits. I don't like receiving lines and we only had about 65 guests, so the table visits were not burdensome in the least.
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_customs-traditions_poll-for-the-knot-magazine?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:36Discussion:efc90445-e593-42d9-bfe3-aa85b6b0d931Post:ea5927a5-30ea-4b9b-b9a9-010f644d3ead">Re: Poll for The Knot Magazine!</a>:
    [QUOTE]We'll be doing a receivng line at the church and table visits at the reception. 
    Posted by saacjw[/QUOTE]

<div>We did this as well. The recieving line went quite quickly and table visits were more relaxed but not a gurantee that we would actually see everyone (people could be at the bar, dancing, getting more food, in the bathroom, etc.) Doing both covered all our bases and since we had just over a hundred guests, it didn't really take forever to do either.</div>
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • We're not doing a receiving line. I'm quite the introvert, so I'd rather break up the socialization into small pieces. We plan on doing table visits.  We'll eat first, visit a few tables, get a drink, visit a few more tables, etc. Our ceremony and reception are at the same place too, so table visits make a bit more sense.
    Anniversary
  • We did not do a receiving line. We did table visits and really enjoyed them.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Follow Me on Pinterest
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_customs-traditions_poll-for-the-knot-magazine?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:36Discussion:efc90445-e593-42d9-bfe3-aa85b6b0d931Post:48ca10cd-4591-4f8e-ad16-690441a913f6">Re: Poll for The Knot Magazine!</a>:
    [QUOTE]No.  Ceremony and reception in the same location.  We also had a cocktail reception so we talked to everyone throughout the night.
    Posted by GoodLuckBear14[/QUOTE]
    Ditto.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Yes, we had a receiving line immediately after the ceremony. We had several guests that were only able to come to the church and several older relatives who were leaving immedately after speeches were done so we knew we probably wouldn't be able to greet everyone if we did table visits.
    Anniversary
  • Yes, but we will also visit every table
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards