Getting in Shape
Options

Workout Accountability: Friday

Wow everyone must be really busy today since no one has posted this yet! I got up really late today so I only had time to lift at the gym this morning. So no cardio today. I did back and abs today. I am crossing my fingers we get out of work early today (but not counting on it unfortunately).

I hope everyone has a great holiday weekend!!!!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers Follow Me on Pinterest

Re: Workout Accountability: Friday

• Options
    I was about to post this myself! Definitely weird not seeing it first thing in the morning :)

I got 60 minutes of light cardio in last night. I was going to use last night as a rest night but when I got home from work I was only at 6,000 steps for the day and I knew sitting around on my butt wouldn't get me to 10,000. This walking challenge is turning out to be quite the motivator!

I was originally going to go back to Detroit for the holiday weekend but FI just got a job and has to work this weekend so we're staying in Grand Rapids...so that means I can actually work out tonight instead of spending 2.5 hours stuck in a car! I guess I'm going to choose to see the silver lining in the situation.

I hope everyone has a fantastic holiday weekend! 
  • Options
    Last night I wasn't feeling all too terrific but I was able to get in 3 miles.  I'm hoping once I have my appointment I will be able to get back to my normal routine and start posting a little more than I have been.
  • Options
    Had a great softball game last night and got some extra cardio in, apart from my morning elliptical workout. Today after work, I plan on going on the bike for a good 35 minutes, then the FI and I have our weekly date night in the North End :) Our plan is healthy BBQs this weekend and getting in some weekend exercise. Hope everyone has a good holiday weekend!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    FI and I decided to start p90x on Saturday, so we ended up just running errands last night.  We just had too much going on today to fit in the workout, so we figured we'd just start a bit later.  Plus, the dog has already sensed we're going away, and has thus been super needy and peed all over the apartment, in rebellion, so we got to deal with that last night, too.  We're heading on a vaca to our destination wedding site this weekend for final vendor meetings, and get to do the cake tasting on Tuesday.  I'm SUPER excited.

Have a great holiday weekend everyone!
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Hi everyone.

Today is my last day at work, and I'm moving immediately afterward to my parents place until the wedding. FI leaves for our new place in MD this weekend. 

I'll be working for my dad over the summer, and since this job isn't computer-based, I don't think I'll be able to post much here anymore, or at least not until later in the evening. So, I just wanted to say THANK YOU to all you lovely people who participate in this thread. This board has been a huge factor in my weight loss/fitness journey. Everyone here has been nothing but encouraging, kind and supportive in both my successes and failures along the way. Good luck to everyone as you continue to achieve your goals, this board is so inspiring! I'll definitely pop around in the evenings to stay updated on how everyone's doing. 
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    dewingedpixiedewingedpixie member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment First Anniversary
    edited May 2012
    Last night I ran 4 hilly miles in 80 degrees.

Swimming 1.25 miles tonight, and if I'm not completely fried I'll start on those pilates again that my dr ordered.
    DIStickers.com Ticker
  • Options
    Awww Jude! I will miss you!!! I wish you the best of everything in your new home, marriage, and your continued fitness journey!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    Aw, Jude, I'll miss your morning thread kick-off!  I feel like you were one of the only few up and moving before me :)  Keep up the great work-out routine while you're away!

Have a wonderful summer - I hope you enjoy the extra time with your parents, and the distance isn't too hard.  Looking forward to your occassional pop-ins!
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Aww, sad to hear that you won't be with us as often Jude!

Yesterday my run turned into stop-and-go with the dog. I really shouldn't have brought him.. but he wanted to come. Turns out he just wanted to come so that he could try to stop at every light post. While I didn't let him, he still would try to pull over to them which was just a constant annoyance making it really hard to get into my groove.

Here's hoping today goes better! Just work is on the agenda for the weekend - oh and getting my hair done! That will be fun.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    LilySlim Weight loss tickers
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Jude, make sure you check in every once in awhile, ok?  You better!
  • Options
    I went and watched the Mets fall apart last night.  My FI and I spent most of the rain delay walking the circumference of the stadium, so I figure we walked a good 50 minutes or so.  Not quickly, but it's better than finding a comfy chair and not moving.
    Today there will not be any real exercise, since I'm driving NYC to Vermont.  We'll be on the road a minimum of 5 hours, then out to dinner with the family.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Daisypath Graduation tickers
  • Options
    Last night I stuck to 1 glass of wine just like I said I would. This morning I did 30ds with my new 8 lb. weights... so far so good.

Tonight, like many of you, I'm going to be in the car for hours heading away for the weekend so no more excerise today. I'm hoping to get in some nice long beach-walks this weekend, though.

Lobsters, I can totally relate with the retaliatory dog-peeing! My little monster has been pulling the same stunts.

Happy Memorial Day everyone!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks for the love, all. You guys are great, I'll of course be checking in as often as I can.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I did ok yesterday...stayed within my calories.  Originally wasn't intending to really work out at all and just hang out with FI since he was on a business trip all week, but then he fell asleep on the couch, so I did a terrible dance workout video on Netflix streaming.  It was pretty bad, but at least got about 30 minutes of cardio in that I wouldn't otherwise have done. 

Took today off work and got in about a hour of walking this afternoon, 11k+ steps.  Have enough calories left for a cocktail tonight, which I'm REALLY looking forward to.  Fingers crossed for a good weekend, eating wise. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards