Ohio-Northeast

bridal shops

I am looking for bridal shop suggestions in the NE Ohio area.  I was thinking of going to Dora's Bridal which is in Fairview Park I believe?

Any suggestions or warnings are appreciated!  Thanks!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: bridal shops

• JKohioJKohio member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If this is your first time out shopping, I'd make a stoop at Catan Bridal in Strongsville. They have the largest selection in the area. Even if you don't end up purchasing from them, they're a great place to try on a bunch of dresses (even ones that you may not like on the hanger cuz you never know how it will look until you try on) and see what style works for you. Also, be sure to bring your camera. After trying on 5 or so dresses, they all kinda blend together. Pics will help you sort it all out later.

I purchased my dress from Julianne's Bridal Outlet, a consignment shop in Olmsted Falls. If you're not against buying 'gently used', it's a great way to save money. They are very particular about what they accept to sell. Also, their seamstress, Denise, is AWESOME. She'll work on any dress -- even ones not purchased from their shop. She does great work for a highly reasonable price. Keep them in mind for alterations, even if you don't plan to buy from them. She altered my bridal gown and also did a BM dress for me a year later (from Catan) when I was in a wedding. She did my BMs dresses (purchased from David's), too. Love her!

Good luck and have fun!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    Leonardo's Bridal in Rocky River. They have a smaller selection, but all their dresses are beautiful.
  • edited December 2011
    I live out of town, but purchased the BM dresses at Galleria Gowns in Willoughby Hills.  It doesn't look like much from the outside, but they really had a nice selection of bridesmaid and bridal gowns.  Their service has been really good as well.
  • edited December 2011
    I purchased my dress from Dora's.   They were great to work with.  I bought my dress at the end of Feb, and it was in about a month before they said it would be. I had it altered through them as well- and the alterations needed were minimal (and if I was taller I wouldn't have needed any!)  They will also store your dress after purchase until the wedding day as well.  For a bonus-  after you try on dresses you can stop at Becker's (just a few steps away) and taste some great cake.
    BabyFruit Ticker Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    I purchased my dress from Galleria Gowns in Willoughby as well. The ladies there are sooooooo nice. 
    IAmPregnant Ticker Anniversary
  • Bgriz722Bgriz722 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I went to Lavendar Bridal in Dover, OH. Amazing selection! People were wonderful! They also will do payment plans for your dress where you can pay some every month. So far, it's been a great experience! It is about a 45min drive for me but well worth it!

http://www.lavenderbridalsalon.com/
  • edited December 2011
    i would check out catans in strongsville they ahve a pretty wide selection.
    but order from anything bridal when you find yoru dress~ they give a huge discount.
    thats what i did. my dress retails for 1500 before taxes and at anything i got mine for a little over 900 after taxes!

My Randomly Updated Planning Bio
    EVERYTHING FOR SALE- JUST ASK!
    Anniversary
  • l337Jacquil337Jacqui member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    here is my review that i wrote about my bridal shop a few weeks ago :)

dress shop: Annabelle Bridal, solon. A+
    i bought my dress from them back in november of 2008 for our july 10th, 2010 wedding and they stored it for me THE ENTIRE TIME at no charge. it was great because i didn't have to worry about it! the two older ladies who work there are SUPER nice, and when i was trying on dresses they ranked them from most favorite to least favorite with me. i never felt pressured to buy anything, they just genuinely seemed to care which dress looked best on me. 
    jacqui + erik 7.10.10
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    **Planning Bio**

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards