New York-Hudson Valley
Options

Day of Planner?

I know others have posted about this, but has anyone used a Day of Planner? Did you find it worth the money?  I was hoping that having a Day Of planner would relieve some of the stress of paying vendors that day, vendor coordination, etc. My church is in Peekskill and reception is in Tarrytown.  Any one have any recommendations?  

Re: Day of Planner?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Personally, I don't think a DOC is worth it unless you are having a reception where you are responsible for set up of the venue, decorating etc.  If you are having a reception at a hall that normally does receptions, you shouldn't have to be overly involved that day. 
    I did have a friend at the church who collected everything we brought in to the church. It was a college chapel and we were not allowed to leave anything, even flowers, in the chuch.
    As for the reception, we got there, the woman we worked with showed us the room and that was it. 

We gave all the tip envelopes to the best man for him to hand out at the end of the night.  I'm pretty sure the only vendor we actually paid that day was the DJ and I'm not 100% sure we didn't pay him ahead of time. 
  • Options
    kristinanddankristinanddan member
    First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-york-hudson-valley_day-of-planner?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:113Discussion:b980915d-8951-4167-90ee-a291a642ae54Post:fb9d6d1b-c99e-4726-8813-6b267cce189b">Re: Day of Planner?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Personally, I don't think a DOC is worth it unless you are having a reception where you are responsible for set up of the venue, decorating etc.  If you are having a reception at a hall that normally does receptions, you shouldn't have to be overly involved that day.  I did have a friend at the church who collected everything we brought in to the church. It was a college chapel and we were not allowed to leave anything, even flowers, in the chuch. As for the reception, we got there, the woman we worked with showed us the room and that was it.  We gave all the tip envelopes to the best man for him to hand out at the end of the night.  I'm pretty sure the only vendor we actually paid that day was the DJ and I'm not 100% sure we didn't pay him ahead of time. 
    Posted by Bat937[/QUOTE]

I totally agree. The coordinator at our reception hall was more than on top of things. My aunt picked up the pew wreaths at the church and any remaining programs. All of our vendors were paid in advance, but my dad had the tip envelopes to hand out.
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Completely agree with both pp's.

Re- payment. The only vendors that needed to be paid that night were limo and photo. (total money to limo, remaining balance to photo). I paid limo at home when they piciked me up, FI (now DH) paid photographer when he got to the church.

Re - tips - it's usually taken care of by the best man. We decided it would be best if I did it. So I had all the tip envelopes in my bridal purse.

Re - vendor coordination. MOST venues and photographers are going to ask who you are using for the main vendor things. They often want to know where the ceremony will take place, where reception is (photo will ask), who is photographer (venue will ask) and who is the DJ. and often ask for phone numbers. So in the days leading up to your wedding, if there is a question about anything that can usually take care of it before hand.

Re - day of. Usually the venue will have either the banquet manager or maitre d' line you up for your entrance and coordinate with the photo and DJ about cake cutting etc. So unless you have to do all the set-up yourself or are planning from far away, it's not usually necessary to hire a DOC.

But, if you are thinking about it, Lauren Paige Associates and Jeanne Stark at Hudson Valley ceremonies get highly reviewed on here.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards