Wedding Recap and Withdrawal
Options

What was YOUR "something-something"? :)

Something old + new + borrowed + blue = ?
Let's share!
My "old" - wedding dress! Got if off Craigslist - it was already worn the year prior! :) + tiara (okay, okay - only 5 months 'old,' but still...my husband proposed to me with it at Disneyland!)
My "new" - Hello kitty toe ring
My "borrowed" - maid of honor's veil + a BM's blue Tiffany's ring on my thumb
My "blue" - garter - which had Hello Kitty on it :)

HELLO toes! Whilst watching the slideshow, I snapped a quick pic of my feet with Hello Kitty!

Re: What was YOUR "something-something"? :)

• Options
    Hey! We got engaged at Disneyland, too!!!
    Something Old - Great Aunt's diamond earrings that every girl in the family wears.
    Something New - Dress
    Something Borrowed - Aunt's diamond bracelets
    Something Blue - Panties!
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    Something old - My veil, which was worn by both my mother and her sister/my aunt at their weddings:

Something new - my garter, which my mother gave me as a gift. Actually, lots of it was new (dress, earrings), but this is the one I considered my 'something':

Something borrowed - an antique locket with a photo of my late grandfather in it that was given by our grandmother to my cousin for her wedding, and which my cousin lent to me to attach to my bouquet:

And something blue - you can also see it above, but I chose pale blue velvet ribbon for my bouquet as well as pale blue accent flowers. My dressmaker also sewed a little blue silk ribbon into the inside of my dress. 

Thanks for keeping these threads going, puppetrick! It is so fun to revisist these small details and I love finding out the little things about other peoples' days too. 
  • Options

Something old: I cut a piece of my mom's lace from her wedding dress and wrapped it around my bouquet.
    Something new: My dress, veil and shoes
    Something borrowed: My grandma made a purse out of her wedding dress for all the granddaughters to use on their wedding day
    Something blue: a blue heart that my sis gave me to put in my bra next to my heart. It went along with the letter she gave me the night before we went to bed at my parents house.

• Options

@Cwaggoner - omg, I have to hear about your proposal sometime!! :) SO romantic!! :)
    @Scooterpie - no problem! I love looking at other's details without having to "Pinterest" everything! lol..and I love love love pictures!
    @Lauramae - oh, that is so special!! I didn't have anything "family" related in mine, so it's heartfelt to read everyone else's details of the day!

• Options
    This is becoming one of my favorite boards! Puppetrick, thanks for keeping this board active and fun Smile

My "something old" was my great grandmother's cameo that I pinned to my bouquet

I had many "something borrowed" pieces which were all from my mom. The cameo was borrowed, along with my bracelet and necklace. Both necklace and bracelet were day of decisions because I had thought I didn't need much jewelry because my dress had a lot of embellishment. But once I was all dressed I felt like things were missing. 

Bracelet:

Me deciding that my whole outfit was now complete:

Something new was my dress (seen partially above), my shoes, veil and earrings. 

Earrings I found on Amazon for a ridiculous price of $15 and they looked so nice and not cheap at all! 

My "something blue" was my toes, which matched the bridesmaids' peacock blue dresses, along with a pair of "I do" panties my maid of honor embarrassingly gave me at my bridal shower. 

Wedding Venue - Ramsey Golf & Country Club, NJ Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Photographer - Steve Belner, of Photovisions
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Check out my cooking blog, SERIF & SPICE!
    Our wedding has been featured on a wedding blog!

Michaela's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    puppetrickpuppetrick member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited November 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-recap-withdrawal_what-was-your-something-something?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:12Discussion:f0b1d77d-d230-45b4-93b9-e7fe8f57a628Post:86aa8319-be74-4467-b3ed-b295ca0b5429">Re: What was YOUR "something-something"? :)</a>:
    [QUOTE]This is becoming one of my favorite boards! Puppetrick, thanks for keeping this board active and fun  My "something old" was my great grandmother's cameo that I pinned to my bouquet I had many "something borrowed" pieces which were all from my mom. The cameo was borrowed, along with my bracelet and necklace. Both necklace and bracelet were day of decisions because I had thought I didn't need much jewelry because my dress had a lot of embellishment. But once I was all dressed I felt like things were missing.  Bracelet: Me deciding that my whole outfit was now complete: Something new was my dress (seen partially above), my shoes, veil and earrings.  Earrings I found on Amazon for a ridiculous price of $15 and they looked so nice and not cheap at all!  My "something blue" was my toes, which matched the bridesmaids' peacock blue dresses, along with a pair of "I do" panties my maid of honor embarrassingly gave me at my bridal shower. 
    Posted by B2Z728[/QUOTE]

How super fun! I also received panties - but they were hot pink saying "Bride" - however, there was ONE portion of blue on it (where the "i" in Bride was dotted :)) - so elegant everything of yours was/is!
  • Options
    My old- a handkerchief that belonged to my great grandmother that I'm wrapping around my bouquet

My new- dress, shoes, jewelry, undies, what-have-you

My borrowed- a blingy headband kind of headpiece from my best friend

My blue- a little blue charm from Etsy with our initials and the wedding date on it. It's to attach to my bouquet that day, then afterwards I'll put it on a chain and wear as a necklace.My 17 year old daughter gave it to me for my birthday.
    Photobucket photo 899306-2148.jpg
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    I love this board already - but seeing all of these pics/details is awesome, thanks for sharing ladies!

I also was proposed to at Disneyland :)
    Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-recap-withdrawal_what-was-your-something-something?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:12Discussion:f0b1d77d-d230-45b4-93b9-e7fe8f57a628Post:1c50cad9-49e9-4ec6-9ffb-1fe3458dd181">Re: What was YOUR "something-something"? :)</a>:
    [QUOTE]I love this board already - but seeing all of these pics/details is awesome, thanks for sharing ladies! I also was proposed to at Disneyland :)
    Posted by TiffanyT816[/QUOTE]

Tiffany - where in Dland were you proposed to? I freaking love Disneyland :)
  • Options
    Old - A ring that belonged to my grandmother

New - "Bride" undies from VS

Borrowed - My best friend's earrings that she wore in her wedding

Blue - University of Kentucky garter....Go Cats!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    My wedding is next Friday but my something old/borrowed is my mom's garter from when she married my dad.  Something blue is the I Do shoe stickers.  And everything else is new.
  • Options
    My wedding is next Friday but my something old/borrowed is my mom's garter from when she married my dad.  Something blue is the I Do shoe stickers.  And everything else is new.
  • Options
    QueerFemmeQueerFemme member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited November 2012

here are my somethings:

old & borrowed:  My MOH is a buddhist and she had a stone on her prayer altar.   She picked it up on a beach many years ago and has had it ever since.   I tucked that stone inside my bouquet.

My new was pretty much my whole outfit. Dress, shoes, flower for my hair.

My blue was a tiny little light blue jeweled hair pin that I tucked next to my flower.  My SIL gave it to me to make sure I had a "something blue".  It sort of slid forward during the ceremony.  You can sort of see it in this picture where my partner is wiping my tears during the ceremony.  It is almost touching my ear !! 

• Options
    I love everyone's pictures!

My something old: my wedding ring and ring bible (instead of a pillow) (both were my paternal grandmother's)

My something new: my birdcage and fascinator, and my shoes.  My earrings and bracelet were also new though.

My something borrowed: my necklace, which is my mother's.  Don't have a very good pic of that handy.
    My something blue: my crinoline (can kinda see my sparkly shoes too)

Daisypath Anniversary tickersFollow Me on Pinterest
  • Options

My something old: Was supposed to be a baby bonnet that turns into a hankerchief thing...but mom didn't bring it.  So I was wearing earring the DH had given me a few years ago.  That had to count.

My something new: (Had lots of things...dress/veil/shoes)  I went with my tiara.

My something borrowed: I wore my parents' wedding bands on a necklace.

My something blue:  Found a four leaf clover encased in glass with a blue ribbon on it from Etsy.  Pinned it to my bouquet.  I also had bright blue underwear on but I wasn't showing that for pictures.  :)
  • Options
    My something old: Blue birthstone earrings (I wore them in my second set of holes, so they are hard to see in pics).

My something new: Custom-made dress.

My something borrowed: Necklace from my sister.

My something blue: The previously mentioned earrings, and I also had blue floral underwear.
  • Options
    In Response to Re: What was YOUR "something-something"? :):
    Oooh, I like this post. :)

My something old: A section of lace from my mom's wedding dress wrapped around my bouquet. Also the gold heart from the necklace my aunt gave me for her wedding when I was 10 or so. She passed away when I was 16 so I wanted to have her there with me.

My something new: My jewelry that my dad gave me. My grandfather gave necklaces for all his daughter's weddings, so my dad wanted to do the same for me. :)

My something borrowed: My aunt, who is a second mother to me, let me borrow her diamond stud earrings for my second holes. You can kinda see them in this picture.

My something blue: I put "Happy Girl!" in blue crystals on the bottom of my shoes, and then my mom also got me a light blue pearl charm with our initials and wedding date engraved on the cap. Super cute. :) - show in above bouquet picture

• Options

OLD: my engagement ring: It belonged to my H's mother who passed away before we could meet.

NEW: Just about everything I was wearing Laughing

BORROWED: The crinoline to give my dress the "poof"

BLUE: my underwear, blue hydrengeas as part of my bouquet

• Options
    Old: My bra. 

New: Dress and jewelry

Borrowed: Earrings borrowed from my aunt that I wore in my 2nd earring holes.

Blue: Toenail polish! 
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options
    Old - Earrings FI gave me for our first Christmas. 
    New - My dress.
    Borrowed - Pearl necklace from my Mom. 
    Blue - TBD :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

Life is good today.
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    Old.  Not sure I had one.  I wanted to wrap my necklace around my bouquet but it didn't work... I had the wrong bouquet and the heart pin I could have used I decided not to use it.
    New: dress (well almost everything)
    Blue: garter, shoes
    Borrowed: veil (could be old too as it's over 5 years old).
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    Old: my late great grandmother's wedding band, I wore it on my right hand and my engagement ring diamond which was my DH's mother's
    New: my wedding gown
    Borrowed: my grandmother's brooch on my bouquet
    Blue: my panties (my mom embroidered these gorgeous lace boyshorts with "bride").
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards