Registry and Gift Forum
Options

Wal-Mart Frustrations...

I'm from a very rural area and I wanted to register at Wal-Mart for everyday things...My problem is that none of the stores (up to an hour and half away!!) have the scanners necessary to register in store. We don't want to register online because too many items aren't available for in-store purchase. Has anyone else had this problem?

Thanks!

Re: Wal-Mart Frustrations...

• Options
    I wouldn't register at wal-mart.  Even if you are rural, people can shop online.  Are most of your guests from your small rural town?  If not, register at a place where the guests can shop more conveniently.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I had the same problem. most of these people seem too uppity to register for Walmart, well I'm a southern girl that's not much for spending tons of money on the same thing just for the name I had to go to a few different Walmart stores to find one with a scanner. When we finally did find one, the store didn't offer the same selection. I say your best bet is to find a store and scan what you can then finish it online. That's what I had to do.

Response to Re:WalMart Frustrations...:[QUOTE]I'm from a very rural area and I wanted to register at WalMart for everyday things...My problem is that none of the stores up to an hour and half away!! have the scanners necessary to register in store. We don't want to register online because too many items aren't available for instore purchase. Has anyone else had this problem?Thanks! Posted by meganpow87[/QUOTE]
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks! I guess I'll keep on looking and hoping! My wedding is just 3 months away so I'm sure the turn around won't be that fast on staples like towels and linens and such. I have some guests I know won't use the internet and I didn't want them to feel like they had to drive an hour or so away to the nearest BBB or Target. Thanks for the comments everyone :)
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_registering-gifts_wal-mart-frustrations?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:34Discussion:cd61072b-633d-461e-a73f-1c1b58573f88Post:7543b9f4-2688-47e7-9fba-cfb8e3b434b0">Re: Wal-Mart Frustrations...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thanks! I guess I'll keep on looking and hoping! My wedding is just 3 months away so I'm sure the turn around won't be that fast on staples like towels and linens and such. I have some guests I know won't use the internet and I didn't want them to feel like they had to drive an hour or so away to the nearest BBB or Target. Thanks for the comments everyone :)
    Posted by meganpow87[/QUOTE]

I understand completely! Most of my people will have to drive 30 min to an hour depending. I registered at bells, sears and Walmart, but the majority is at Walmart.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited August 2012

You might want to look at Target.  I know for a fact they have scanners you can run around with, and many towns that have a Walmart also have a Target.
    Don't make me mobilize OffensiveKitten

Anniversary

• Options
    I love Target, but unfornatutely the closest one is over a hour away, Walmart(s) however are 10-15 minutes or less away. I found one about 45 minutes away that have the scanners so I'm going to try there this weekend

Keeping my fingers crossed.
  • Options
    Good luck! And let us know how it goes.

• Options
    We had to call around and find one with scanners. We talked to five of them before we finally found one that had the scanners. Thank goodness we have like ten walmarts within an hour from us!
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Success!!! We called every store within 2 hours and found one that had scanners so we're all registered now :) The scanners there are actually easier to use than the ones at Belk and BBB
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards